* adding a new digest type to nndoc-type-alist
@ 2000-09-25 18:04 Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2000-09-25 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry folks, I know the answer to this one, but I lack the elisp to implement
it.

I recently subscribed to a mailing list on eGroups and elected to receive
notices in digested form.  The individual messages are separated by double
lines of underscores, which seems like a good convention, unlikely to be found
in ordinary emails.

Since digest formats seem mostly the same except for the choice of message
separator, perhaps there should be some sort of digest template one could
use to make that one-item change.

--
 Ted Stern                 Analysis/Porting/Tuning, Engineering Applications
 Cray Inc.                                               http://www.cray.com

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3494 bytes --]

From: vim@egroups.com
To: vim@egroups.com
Subject: [vim] Digest Number 210
Date: 25 Sep 2000 09:01:51 -0000

Get news.  Source products.  Interact with colleagues.
Connect with your industry at WIRELESS NETWORKS ONLINE:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9276/14/_/3884/_/969872511/

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. RE: line renumbering
           From: Michael Geddes <mgeddes@cybergraphic.com.au>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:40:09 +1100
   From: Michael Geddes <mgeddes@cybergraphic.com.au>
Subject: RE: line renumbering

fun! Renumber() range
  let here=0
  let mx='^\(\s*\)\(\d\+\>\)'
  let i = a:firstline
  while i <= a:lastline
	let line=getline(i)
	if line =~mx
	  if here==0
		let here = substitute(matchstr(line,mx),mx,'\2','')
	  else
		let here=here+1
		call setline(i,substitute(line,mx,'\1'.here,''))
	  endif
	endif
	let i=i+1
  endwhile
endfun

:%call Renumber()

From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-09-25 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 25 Sep 2000, Ted Stern wrote:

> I recently subscribed to a mailing list on eGroups and elected to
> receive notices in digested form.  The individual messages are
> separated by double lines of underscores, which seems like a good
> convention, unlikely to be found in ordinary emails.

The problem is the header formatting.  You'd need to include a
function which removes the spaces before header names.

Sadly, I've never written a function like this, but it seems that
there are a couple of `generate-head-function' examples in the default
value that one could look at.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.