* Can spam-split be used with "normal" mail splitting?
@ 2003-04-10 15:01 Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2003-04-10 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I still don't use fancy-mail-splitting, but the standard way.  It's
possible to use functions with that, too, so I've added a stanza like

(setq nnmail-split-methods
      `(("tomb" spam-split)
        ... other settings ...))

but I wonder whether this DTRT.  Does anyone have information about
this?

Thanks,
norbert.

* Re: Can spam-split be used with "normal" mail splitting?
@ 2003-04-10 15:17 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-04-10 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, nk@viteno.net wrote:
> I still don't use fancy-mail-splitting, but the standard way.  It's
> possible to use functions with that, too, so I've added a stanza
> like
>
> (setq nnmail-split-methods
>       `(("tomb" spam-split)
>         ... other settings ...))
>
> but I wonder whether this DTRT.  Does anyone have information about
> this?

I don't use nnmail-split-methods, and I don't know of anyone that
does with spam.el (except you :)

As long as nnmail-split-methods processing understand that nil means
"pass-through" and a string is a group name, there should be no issues
at all.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: Can spam-split be used with "normal" mail splitting?
@ 2003-04-11 18:06   ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2003-04-11 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> As long as nnmail-split-methods processing understand that nil means
> "pass-through" and a string is a group name, there should be no issues
> at all.

Hmm, I played around with it and got either none or all mail split
into my spam group ... *sigh* ... time to go for fancy splitting.

norbert.