* [Edbrowse-dev] Issues with creating mailing lists on freelists.org
@ 2016-07-02 17:26 Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2016-07-02 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Hi all,

Today I've been trying to create a mailing list on freelists.org.  Unfortunately, although the page appears relatively ok, it looks like we have some missing
things in the DOM since, on attempting to submit the filled out form I get the "This button is not part of a form" error.  I reloaded the page with db5 and,
sure enough tidy's complaining about a missing </form> on line 61 (although I can't see another form earlier in the source) and the node representation shows
that the form ends at the checkbox to agree to the terms (which is before the fields to create the list).  I've rebuilt tidy and edbrowse and the behaviour is
still there.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Adam.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Issues with creating mailing lists on freelists.org
@ 2016-07-02 18:56 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2016-07-02 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Adam Thompson <arthompson1990@gmail.com> writes:

> sure enough tidy's complaining about a missing </form> on line 61
> (although I can't see another form earlier in the source) and the node
> representation shows
> that the form ends at the checkbox to agree to the terms (which is
> before the fields to create the list).

I think it may have something to do with divs not being closed in the
right order, but I'm not completely sure.
Unrelated, after groveling around in the HTML source, I found a couple
gems like this:

<h3>Create a New Mailing List: Step 1</h2>

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Issues with creating mailing lists on freelists.org
@ 2016-07-03  9:59   ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2016-07-03  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Brannon; +Cc: edbrowse-dev