* [Edbrowse-dev] gopher start
@ 2018-02-28 16:04 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2018-02-28 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

This is mostly for Adam but anyone else is welcome to chime in.
I did some foundational work for gopher, but don't know much about the protocol, and was too lazy to read the manual, just looked at the home page and figured a few things out.
So there is more work to do of course. Meantime...

edbrowse gopher://gopher.club

It's a properly formatted listing with hyperlinks, but,
click on the first link and it says
/hlogs/ does not exist, but I tried to access /phlogs/.
If you unbrowse and look, that's what the html says.
So why did the p get lost? And is that why the resource can't be found?
Perhaps my lack of gopher knowledge is showing here; but hey, we can bring up the home page.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] gopher start
@ 2018-03-03  2:33 ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2018-03-03  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Thank you for implementing gopher!  I love gopher.  I'm now browsing
gopher.club.

I was an undergrad in the early 90s and had a shell account.  I used
gopher all the time!  I was just remembering ARCHIE, and VERONICA.  It
turns out that ARCHIE was/is an ftp search, but VERONICA and JUGHEAD were
gopher searches.

Before lushstories/literotica there was something called The Louvre,
run by "Eli The Bearded."  It was either on gopher or ftp, or maybe both.

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] gopher start
@ 2018-03-09 20:44   ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2018-03-09 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Carhart; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 06:33:26PM -0800, Kevin Carhart wrote:

> Thank you for implementing gopher!  I love gopher.  I'm now browsing
> gopher.club.

Agreed, thanks for implementing this.  So far things seem to work as expected which is great.

* [Edbrowse-dev] gopher start
@ 2018-03-09 20:50     ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2018-03-09 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Yes a lot has been done just in the last 3 weeks.
I know we just cut a version, but in a few weeks when all the bugs shake out we might want to cut another.
This is stuff people will want.
I'll check back in a couple weeks and see how you feel.

Show heading information h1 through h6.

Specify a different config file on the command line.

Rewrite the css parser and querySelectorAll machinery in C for efficiency and flexibility.

Support for gopher.

A more flexible plugin system that supports arbitrary protocols,
not just the ones known to edbrowse.
This can be used to access zip archives and many other structures.

Edbrowse messages in Italian.

-b option causes command line arguments to browse or play.

Karl Dahlke