tech@mandoc.bsd.lv
* MR macro (from GNU groff)
@ 2023-10-18 20:09 Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2023-10-18 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ingo Schwarze; +Cc: mandoc

Hi Ingo,

I've asked you in other lists, but got no answer, so let's do it in the
right list.  :)

As you know, I have plans to start using MR from GNU groff.  But doing
so without wide support from distros and formatters would be stupid.

Regarding distros, I'm waiting until some distros such as Gentoo declare
the 1.23.0 package as 'stable' (currently it shows as testing[1]).

Regarding formatters, groff(1) of course provides support, but the other
one that interests Linux distros is mandoc(1), to have support for void
and other distros.

Do you have plans to add support for the MR macro?

Thanks,
Alex

[1]  <https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-apps/groff>

--