mailing list of musl libc
* BusyBox ?
@ 2011-08-04 13:12 nicolas
From: nicolas @ 2011-08-04 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello all !

Is there something special to do to build BusyBox with musl ?
Should i build busybox statically or not ?

I saw on the musl website that some Busybox's applets don't work with
musl, which ones ?

Thanks for your answers,

Cheers,
Nick

* Re: BusyBox ?
@ 2011-08-04 13:18 ` Jens Staal
From: Jens Staal @ 2011-08-04 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi

I made an AUR for BusyBox built statically against musl and did not
experience any problems back then.

check out the config attached to that build. It might give an
indication if the things you want are possible to build.

2011/8/4  <nicolas@atelier-web.com>:
> Hello all !
>
> Is there something special to do to build BusyBox with musl ?
> Should i build busybox statically or not ?
>
> I saw on the musl website that some Busybox's applets don't work with
> musl, which ones ?
>
> Thanks for your answers,
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

* Re: BusyBox ?
@ 2011-08-05 17:41   ` nicolas
From: nicolas @ 2011-08-05 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Thanks !

Is this patch always necessary ?
https://github.com/chneukirchen/sabotage/blob/master/KEEP/busybox.patch
If yes, should we contact the BusyBox project to say them to add the : #if
defined(__musl__) ?

I have to test that...
I'll keep you informed.

Cheers,
Nick

@ 2011-08-05 17:52     ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2011-08-05 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 07:41:22PM +0200, nicolas@atelier-web.com wrote:
> Thanks !
>
> Is this patch always necessary ?
> https://github.com/chneukirchen/sabotage/blob/master/KEEP/busybox.patch

Many of these issues have since been fixed or at least changed in
upstream BusyBox. Hopefully fewer changes are needed now...

> If yes, should we contact the BusyBox project to say them to add the : #if
> defined(__musl__) ?

No, because __musl__ is not defined by musl; it's something added by
Sabotage. The right fix is to find out whether it's musl or BusyBox
doing things wrong and fix one or the other so that things work
without ugly special-casing.

Rich