* [NTG-context] Issue with italics
@ 2024-02-26 12:32 Jean-Pierre Delange
From: Jean-Pierre Delange @ 2024-02-26 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

When handling the preamble to a document in which I would like to treat the text in French, with sometimes italics text and phrases in ancient Greek, I encounter the following difficulty:
if I use TeX Gyre Pagella as the main font, everything works fine, except for the Ancient Greek text, which I don't like the look of. But the Greek text is displayed, as are the French italics. On the other hand, if I use GFS Didot as the main font and Theano Didot for the Greek, the italics disappear and the Greek text looks better. The CTX version I use is: mtx-context | current version: 2024.01.24 22:39.

Herewith are two MWE attachments (*.tex + *.pdf) with different fonts. What am I missing ? Thanks for your answers.

JP