The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Anyone have any luck trying to contact Micro Focus regarding Unix licensing?
@ 2018-10-19 15:04 jsteve
From: jsteve @ 2018-10-19 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

I've tried calling, emails to sales, using their website and I'm getting nowhere.  I know this is more complicated than v6’s context switching ….

I've also read that apparently Microsoft swooped in 2010 acting as CPTN Holdings and bought all the Novell patents and turned them over to GPL v2?

I know after the whole SCO personal licenses and then Ransom Loves’s making 32v and all prior open was great but apparently it wasn’t his to give away.  Or am I wrong?

Are Unix licenses transferrable?

Anyone know someone wanting to lease/loan/sell?

I don't want to kick up too much of the hornets nest.  I'd just hate to think that the original Unix is going to languish.

I know many people worked so hard to keep the “Unix lights on”, just want to see that it doesn't die clouded in secrecy like VMS.

* Re: [TUHS] Anyone have any luck trying to contact Micro Focus regarding Unix licensing?
@ 2018-10-19 21:25 ` Clem Cole
From: Clem Cole @ 2018-10-19 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Stevens; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society