The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Rob Pike <robpike@gmail.com>
To: Adam Thornton <athornton@gmail.com>
Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: emacs
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 10:27:52 +1000	[thread overview]

There was a guy in production at Google using Unix TECO as his main editor
when I joined in 2002. He was astonished that I recognized it, but I had
used TECO in the early 1970s and, although I had no desire to return to it,
I did know it well enough to exclaim its presence when watching over his
shoulder.

So yes, apologies for not remembering his name, but it was at least one
person's default editor.

-rob