Void Linux discussion
* New to Void. 2 questions
@ 2015-04-20 18:42 Bernd Eggink
From: Bernd Eggink @ 2015-04-20 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hi folks,

yesterday I installed Void on an old Vaio notebook, just to see how it
behaves. I must say, I'm impressed. Installer and packet manager are about
the fastest I've ever seen, and not being forced to use any bloated desktop
manager is very nice exüerience. My favourite combination IceWM + ROX was
up and running within seconds.

What I miss is the latest version of my favourite programming language,
Lua. Current version is 5.3.0. I could compile it myself, but I would
prefer to have an official package. Will that be available in the near
future?
Another question: Is there any way to find out which package contains a
certain program or library?

Greetings,
Bernd

* Re: New to Void. 2 questions
@ 2015-04-20 19:37 ` Gerardo Di Iorio
From: Gerardo Di Iorio @ 2015-04-20 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernd Eggink; +Cc: void...

You van add The package ti repo msking patch forma build. Sede xbps-src
repobon github.
Il 20/apr/2015 20:42, "Bernd Eggink" <bernd....@sudrala.de> ha scritto:

> Hi folks,
>
> yesterday I installed Void on an old Vaio notebook, just to see how it
> behaves. I must say, I'm impressed. Installer and packet manager are about
> the fastest I've ever seen, and not being forced to use any bloated desktop
> manager is very nice exüerience. My favourite combination IceWM + ROX was
> up and running within seconds.
>
> What I miss is the latest version of my favourite programming language,
> Lua. Current version is 5.3.0. I could compile it myself, but I would
> prefer to have an official package. Will that be available in the near
> future?
> Another question: Is there any way to find out which package contains a
> certain program or library?
>
> Greetings,
> Bernd
>

>  --