Void Linux discussion
* xbps-src: lost in cross-build, aka on makedepends vs hostmakedepends
@ 2015-09-28 10:24 Pierre Bourgin
From: Pierre Bourgin @ 2015-09-28 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hello,

While trying to create new packages, I'm a completely lost with
cross-building.
Although my packagings are fine on native building, they fail a lot on
cross-build x86_64 to armv7hf for instance.
(example: https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/pull/2612)

I think I miss some concepts on cross-building ...
Do you have advices/rules on when put a given dependency into
hostmakedepends instead of makedepends in a template file ?
Why not put all depedencies in hostmakedepends for instance ?

Examples of dependencies to manage for cross-build: python, qt-devel, vala.

I've carrefully checked xbps-src/Manual.md (nothing usefull for this) and
checked various templates as examples, but I can't figure out :(

Many thanks for your help !
Pierre