Void Linux discussion
* Cubietruck support
@ 2015-04-11  7:23 Mark Meyer
From: Mark Meyer @ 2015-04-11  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

has anybody tried getting voidlinux to run on a cubietruck (cubieboard3)?

Regards, Mark

* Re: Cubietruck support
@ 2015-04-11  7:38 ` Juan RP
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Juan RP @ 2015-04-11  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Due to lack of hardware probably nobody has tried. But I wouldn't expect so
many changes to make this work.

See void-packages/srcpkgs/cubieboard2-* and srcpkgs/sunxi-kernel.

If somebody has access to the hardware I can help him to add the missing
pkg bits.

Cheers.

* Re: Cubietruck support
@ 2015-04-11 10:28   ` Mark Meyer
From: Mark Meyer @ 2015-04-11 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan RP; +Cc: void...

Hi Juan,
since I don't have a void linux x86 system I'd start out with the image for
the cubieboard 2. The cross-compile sunxi bootloader and cubietruck kernel
from the official repos. Does that sound right?

Regards, Mark

> Due to lack of hardware probably nobody has tried. But I wouldn't expect
> so many changes to make this work.
>
> See void-packages/srcpkgs/cubieboard2-* and srcpkgs/sunxi-kernel.
>
> If somebody has access to the hardware I can help him to add the missing
> pkg bits.
>
> Cheers.
>
>  --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/3a6e1276-f8fd-4459-82f1-e3c50d0ef539%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/3a6e1276-f8fd-4459-82f1-e3c50d0ef539%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Cubietruck support
@ 2015-04-11 10:53     ` Mark Meyer
From: Mark Meyer @ 2015-04-11 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux; +Cc: xtr...

 Hmm, I need a toolchain for cross-compiling... ist the archlinux
crosstool-ng configuration ok to use?

Am Samstag, 11. April 2015 12:28:21 UTC+2 schrieb Mark Meyer:

> Hi Juan,
> since I don't have a void linux x86 system I'd start out with the image
> for the cubieboard 2. The cross-compile sunxi bootloader and cubietruck
> kernel from the official repos. Does that sound right?
>
> Regards, Mark

>> Due to lack of hardware probably nobody has tried. But I wouldn't expect
>> so many changes to make this work.
>>
>> See void-packages/srcpkgs/cubieboard2-* and srcpkgs/sunxi-kernel.
>>
>> If somebody has access to the hardware I can help him to add the missing
>> pkg bits.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>>  --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/3a6e1276-f8fd-4459-82f1-e3c50d0ef539%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/voidlinux/3a6e1276-f8fd-4459-82f1-e3c50d0ef539%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

* Re: Cubietruck support
@ 2015-04-11 13:31   ` Mark Meyer
From: Mark Meyer @ 2015-04-11 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I'm now at a point where it just doesn't work. I'm creating a custom u-boot
from the sunxi site, but it doesn't boot. Using the custom cubietruck fex,
the scribt.bin from lubuntu or the cubieboard2 script.bin with any
combination of u-boot from lubuntu, custom or cubieboard2 flashed always
results in the same result: the system boots up android from internal
storge. I'm really at a loss as to how to debug this.

Any help?

Regards, Mark

Am Samstag, 11. April 2015 09:38:59 UTC+2 schrieb Juan RP:

> Due to lack of hardware probably nobody has tried. But I wouldn't expect
> so many changes to make this work.
>
> See void-packages/srcpkgs/cubieboard2-* and srcpkgs/sunxi-kernel.
>
> If somebody has access to the hardware I can help him to add the missing
> pkg bits.
>
> Cheers.

* Re: Cubietruck support
@ 2015-04-12 13:42   ` Mark Meyer