Void Linux discussion
* Can't mount devices using gvfs
@ 2015-03-12  4:57 Rodrigo Patiño
From: Rodrigo Patiño @ 2015-03-12  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hi, I can't mount usb using gvfs, I'm using Pcmanfm and Thunar and it
doesn't work with any of them. I tried adding gvfs in my xinitrc and typing
gvfsd on the terminal. I also tried these steps: (
https://github.com/voidlinux/documentation/wiki/Mounting-filesystem-as-a-user
).
Any ideas?

* Can't mount devices using gvfs
@ 2015-03-13 16:21 ` JD Robinson
From: JD Robinson @ 2015-03-13 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Try adding your user to the "disk" group? There may be another group with gvfs. But try this first:

Void uses runit as the init process. You will want to star any daemons or services by creating a symbolic link for the daemon:

ln -s /etc/sv/gvfsd /var/service/

Of course sv may not have an entry for it and you will need to look at a prexisting sv service for the basic up/down scripts.

If it's already there, try:

sv u gvfs
Or
sv --start gvfsd

or similar.

Also make sure FUSE is installed,gvfs may be trying to use this.

Personally I am using udev, and nemo is mounting things just fine in cinnamon ( nemo being a fork of thunar I think ).

As soon as I installed gnome I started getting network key related errors at login ....

I haven't fully moved into Void yet so I'll look at gnome and see if I'm having a similar issue.

* Re: Can't mount devices using gvfs
@ 2015-03-22  7:55   ` Juan RP
From: Juan RP @ 2015-03-22  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux