Void Linux discussion
* Installation problem: kernel panic
@ 2015-06-24 16:57 Jacek Grzesiak
From: Jacek Grzesiak @ 2015-06-24 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Hey guys, I heard about Void some time ago and decided to try it. First I
used VirtualBox to see how it works, and now I decided to install it on
hardware. Before burning the cd I did both the gpg and sha256 check.

However, I encountered the kernel panic (after the grub menu).

First it errors with

failure reading sector 0x840 from hd1

then it shows (sorry for the quality):

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-p50BPeH1jpc/VYrg__n7mzI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/0q_X75oNBx0/s1600/DSC_0014.jpg>

So, what can be done to help it?

* Re: Installation problem: kernel panic
@ 2015-06-24 18:49 ` Stefan Mühlinghaus
From: Stefan Mühlinghaus @ 2015-06-24 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

Maybe you mapped your mount-points wrong during installation? Can you
access your HD partitions from the void (or any other) live CD and are they
setup correctly?

* Re: Installation problem: kernel panic
@ 2015-06-24 19:04   ` Jacek Grzesiak
From: Jacek Grzesiak @ 2015-06-24 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

W dniu środa, 24 czerwca 2015 20:49:17 UTC+2 użytkownik Stefan Mühlinghaus
napisał:

> Maybe you mapped your mount-points wrong during installation? Can you
> access your HD partitions from the void (or any other) live CD and are they
> setup correctly?

That's the point that i can't even begin the installation (maybe I didn't
wrote it as clear as I thought, sorry for that). The kernel panic is right
after the grub menu from live cd shows. And this only happens with Void
Live cd's, other distribution's live cd's usually work well.

* Re: Installation problem: kernel panic
@ 2015-06-24 20:22 ` Antonio Malcolm
From: Antonio Malcolm @ 2015-06-24 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

I also recently encountered this, on my Aorus X3+.
Both from the current live cd, and with the latest kernel update (I've been
running Void, on that machine, with the v3 Linux kernel for some time,
without issue, and am still able to boot with that kernel).
Odd, because my Thinkpad doesn't suffer the same issue.

* Re: Installation problem: kernel panic
@ 2015-06-25 12:01   ` Frankie Wild
From: Frankie Wild @ 2015-06-25 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux