zsh-users
* M-. should bring back last arg of prev cmd
@ 2002-03-20  6:16 Nick Croft
From: Nick Croft @ 2002-03-20  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi. Another question. You help has been much appreciated.

I learnt in an article by Dominic Mitchell "A Case for the Z Shell",
that M-. can be used as a shortcut for the last argument of the previous
command.

  % cat /etc/networks
  % ls -l /etc/hosts
  % vi M-.
  % vi /etc/hosts M-.M-.
  % vi /etc/hosts /etc/networks

Question: Is this dependent on some setting in the .zshrc, or a setopt
command? I had it working a few days ago. I think it's the greatest
thing since sliced bread.

But it's gone, and I suspect I've overridden whatever it depended on.

Clues, anyone?

Nick