* [9fans] questions about translating Plan 9 license
@ 2002-12-06  3:08 Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2002-12-06  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hi friends, sorry that I waste your time, but to
whom I can ask a few questions about translating
PLAN 9 OPEN SOURCE LICENSE AGREEMENT to russian?

-kyxap

* Re: [9fans] questions about translating Plan 9 license
       [not found] <20021205130452.K51740-100000@fbsd.acl.lanl.gov>
@ 2002-12-06  4:13 ` Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2002-12-06  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

thanks for fast response (Andrey and Dave) but
I want to say that I don`t need
russian-speaking people. I have found a person,
who can translate PLAN 9 OPEN SOURCE LICENSE
AGREEMENT, but when she (this person) work on
translation licenses, as a rule, she appears
questions to author (developer) this license,
in respect of special term and miscellaneous in
particular. In this instance to whom she will
be able to address from Lucent Technologies
with similar questions?

In any case her questions are attached

-kyxap

[-- Attachment #2: questions --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1458 bytes --]

1. in section 1 "Definitions" paragraph 6 clause "may be distributed in
conjunction with" - does this mean "may be distributed together with".

2. in section 1 paragraph 9 clause "as furnished under this Agreement" -
could be substituted by "in accordance with this Agreement".

3. section 1 paragraph 10 I would like to clarify what "Plan 9 Software" is
designed for.
Plan 9 is network operating system designed for:
(1) research into distributed services,
and (2) for development of applications and software.

4. section 1 paragraph 11. Could you please explain expression that Lucent
has aquired common law rights for trademark.

5. section 2.1, at the beginnig of paragraph please clarify " subject to
third party intellectual property claims". Does it mean that third party
intellectual property rights should not be infringed?

6. section 2.1, second sentence: please clarify words "inherent
functionality".

7. section 2.1. third sentence. I do not quite understand the meaning of
whole sentence, especially word "estoppel" - I have its translation, but I
could not connect it with whole sentence, words "combination of the
functionality".

8. section 3.3 - what is "conspicuous location" - is it location in Internet
or somewhere else.

9. section 3.4, (d) - what is "warranties and conditions of title".

10. section 5. Why it starts with "Title, ownership rights", why not just
"intellectual property rights in the Original Software"

* Re: [9fans] questions about translating Plan 9 license
@ 2002-12-05 20:12 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-12-05 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Dan Cross

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1862 bytes --]

From: "Andrey S. Kukhar" <plan9@kp.km.ua>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] questions about translating Plan 9 license
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:08:47 -0500

@ 2002-05-11 11:26 Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2002-05-11 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello friends,
I want to translate Plan 9 documentation into russian and create
web-project, which will include these and other russian translations.
I have found a person, who can translate PLAN 9 OPEN SOURCE LICENSE
AGREEMENT.
But she (this person) have some questions about translating:
1. When she work on translation licenses, as a rule, she appears
questions to author (developer) this license, in respect of special
term and miscellaneous in particular. In this instance to whom she
will be able to address from Lucent Technologies with similar questions?
2. As you know, translations GNU GPL are unofficial. What status will
get this translation.

--
regards,
-ask