* [9fans] Mouse cursor freezes while editing with Acme.
@ 2006-01-02  8:01 Vester Thacker
From: Vester Thacker @ 2006-01-02  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I am having a problem while editing with Acme. After a few minutes of
editing my mouse cursor freezes. Has anyone experienced this before?

Background: I'm using an amd64 (compaq r3140) laptop with a usb mouse.
The laptop is running a fossil+venti install and it has completed it's
initial snap. As glenda, I added a new user and began to edit the
network settings before the freeze occurred.

--vester

* Re: [9fans] Mouse cursor freezes while editing with Acme.
@ 2006-01-02 23:05 ` Rodolfo García
From: Rodolfo García @ 2006-01-02 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I have the same problem, but:

* I am not using venti
* I am using Intel centrino mobile 1.6
* The usb mouse cursor freezes, but the ps2 (touchpad) mouse continues
running.

And the problem only happen sometimes, and probably without acme too. (I
cant remember because acme is always running :-))

In the other hand, I have a Logitech cordless mouse with wheel, but I cant
use the wheel. With my "Saitek" mouse, with cable, I dont have any problem
(the wheel goes well). why?

@ 2006-01-03 18:16   ` Sascha Retzki
From: Sascha Retzki @ 2006-01-03 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 12:05:24AM +0100, Rodolfo Garc?a wrote:

> In the other hand, I have a Logitech cordless mouse with wheel, but I cant
> use the wheel. With my "Saitek" mouse, with cable, I dont have any problem
> (the wheel goes well). why?

The Logitech mouse is PS/2?

If you "just" chose "ps2" as the mouse driver, the wheel is not
honored, see mouse(3). You can either use "ps2intellimouse", or write
"intellimouse" to /dev/mousectl later on. At least it was like that for
me.

* Re: [9fans] Mouse cursor freezes while editing with Acme.
@ 2006-01-03 19:15     ` Rodolfo García
From: Rodolfo García @ 2006-01-03 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs