* Re: [9fans] rio & acme & plan9
@ 2007-05-04 20:08 Tom Simons
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tom Simons @ 2007-05-04 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I have had trouble getting a handle on Plan9.  I got it working on an
old PC, but didn't understand if I had a file server, cpu server,
terminal, or all 3.  The screens looked great, but I never quite got
the hang of using it.  Can Rio/Acme run under Windows or Linux?  I'd
love to give it another shot. Must/should you have separate file/cpu
servers?

I also really would like to see an SF-bay meeting, if only to see
Plan9 in action. I've been using command-line interfaces since
teletypes & 026 keypunches, and I remain convinced that I could learn
another one.