* [9fans] [GSoC] sorry for the last email
@ 2013-04-22 20:37 lamg
From: lamg @ 2013-04-22 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 Sorry guys, I didn´t know that students in Cuba cannot participate,
anyway I will upload the markdown engine when completed to github.com
    lamg

* Re: [9fans] [GSoC] sorry for the last email
@ 2013-04-24 10:20 Antonio Barrones
From: Antonio Barrones @ 2013-04-24 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> Politics...
>>
>"residents and/or nationals of Iran, Syria, Cuba, Sudan, North Korea
>and Myanmar (Burma), with whom we are prohibited by U.S. law from
>engaging in commerce, are ineligible to participate"
>
>http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2013>>/help_page#4._Who_is_not_eligible_to_participate_as
>
>sad but true.

In the ftp mirrors of NetBSD, they had a similar restriction for
cryptographic software: http://www.netbsd.org/about/crypto-export.html
250-EXPORT NOTICE

 Please note that portions of this FTP site contain cryptographic
 software controlled under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).

 None of this software may be downloaded or otherwise exported or
 re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iran, Libya,
 Sudan, North Korea, Syria or any other country to which the U.S. has
 embargoed goods.

 By downloading or using said software, you are agreeing to the
 foregoing and you are representing and warranting that you are not
 located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any
 such country or on any such list.
250 CWD command successful

You can not travel to Cuba with your laptop if you have NetBSD installed.
I don't know the case of Plan9 but I guess it is similar, but I really
don't know.

Antonio