* [9front] libdraw: remove drawsetdebug() ?
@ 2021-01-01 18:07 telephil9
From: telephil9 @ 2021-01-01 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi,

drawsetdebug() is now a no-op on devdraw side. It seems (I let hiro confirm) that it still works with vncs though.
Two options:
1) It is a no-op everywhere and we should remove it from libdraw
2) It is still of use somewhere but then draw(2) should reflect the fact that it does nothing

I can provide a patch for either scenario.

--phil

* Re: [9front] libdraw: remove drawsetdebug() ?
@ 2021-01-01 18:29 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2021-01-01 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

well, in devdraw it does exactly one thing: it doesn't error, and
successfully allows devdraw to continue with the next RPC.
we can not remove it from devdraw.

i don't know what is in libdraw, but i guess one could notice in it's
man page that for this to be of any use to anybody they would have to
run their own modified devdraw that actually handles this case in a
dedicated logging procedure...