* total and auto expiry
@ 2003-03-13 14:50 Alexander Kotelnikov
From: Alexander Kotelnikov @ 2003-03-13 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

While reconfiguring my gnus I was confused with
gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups and gnus-total-expirable-newsgroups
descriptions:

From info gnus:
1.
Groups that match the regular expression `gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups'
will have all articles that you read marked as expirable automatically.
2.
Even more dangerous is the `gnus-total-expirable-newsgroups'
variable.  All groups that match this regexp will have all read
articles put through the expiry process, which means that _all_ old
mail articles in the groups in question will be deleted after a while.

Does this mean that the only difference between actions that are taken
over groups matching 'total' and 'auto' it that the former will be
expired even if expiry-wait for it is 'never?

--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia