From: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: feature request: differentiate between read and automatically marked read
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 09:29:19 +0000	[thread overview]

On Saturday,  5 Feb 2022 at 09:51, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> That is to say you score according to their email address? I am
> extremely interested in such a configuration, since I right now need it.
>
> Would you mind sharing (off list if necessary)

This is actually the one easy bit about scoring.  In the summary buffer,
if there is an email from somebody that you want to have scored high,
type

C-u NNN I a r p REGEXP-FOR-EMAIL-ADDRESS RET

where NNN is the adjustment to the score you want to assign to the
person's email, "I" means "increase score", "a" means "address", "r"
means regular expression for matching (you can use exact matching if you
wish), "p" for permanent storing the score, and lastly the regular
expression for matching emails from that person which will be pre-filled
with the address of the current email in the summary buffer.

For my PhD students, I use 1000 for the adjustment to the score.

If you use L instead of I, you lower the score for those you don't want
to see (or you deem as less important).

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.2 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.2