* Is this message signed correctly ??
@ 2003-04-22 22:11 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-04-22 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a test as it seems Gnus randomly fails when verifying signed mails
here.

zeDek
--
http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site

Anti-war disclaimer:
	"Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Is this message signed correctly ??
@ 2003-04-22 22:19 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-04-22 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23 avr 2003, Xavier Maillard told this:

>  Just a test as it seems Gnus randomly fails when verifying signed
>  mails here.

Here it is still in Failed state :( and dunno why

--

@ 2003-04-22 23:06 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-04-22 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> Just a test as it seems Gnus randomly fails when verifying signed mails
> here.

The mailing list software used for this list corrupt '-- ' signature
delimiters, see <iluistbn2po.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>, so a digital
signature cannot verify.  Use vanilla PGP until it is fixed.

* Re: Is this message signed correctly?
@ 2004-01-10 20:23     ` Ivan Boldyrev
From: Ivan Boldyrev @ 2004-01-10 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8619 day of my life Christoph Conrad wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
>     > Message is well-formed and your signature is valid.
>
> How did you check that? pgg-verify? I always get an error using that
> function:

I use W s keys.

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                       XML -- new language of ML family.

* Re: Is this message signed correctly?
@ 2004-01-10 12:30   ` Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2004-01-10 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ivan,

    > Message is well-formed and your signature is valid.

How did you check that? pgg-verify? I always get an error using that
function:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Window height 2 too small (after splitting)")
  split-window(nil nil)
  split-window-vertically()
  pgg-temp-buffer-show-function(#<buffer *PGG-echo*>)
  pgg-verify()
* call-interactively(pgg-verify)

Herzliche Grüße,
  Christoph
--
Alle Menschen werden als Originale geboren. Die meisten sterben als
Kopien.

* Re: Is this message signed correctly?
@ 2004-01-10 10:27 ` Ivan Boldyrev
From: Ivan Boldyrev @ 2004-01-10 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8619 day of my life Norman Walsh wrote:
> Someone recommended that I switch to MIME signatures, so I pulled out my
> mailcrypt stuff and started using:
>
> ;; PGG
> (require 'pgg)

> (add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook 'always-sign)
>
> Seems to work ok, but the OASIS mailing list software totally
> mangles my messages.

Many mail list systems work incorrectly with MIME (and thus with
PGP/MIME).  So, Plain PGP is still necessary even if it has serious
problems with charsets etc.

> So the question is, is it their bug or mine?  Can someone who
> actually knows such things, tell me if this message is well formed?

Message is well-formed and your signature is valid.

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                       XML -- new language of ML family.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 480 bytes --]

* Re: Is this message signed correctly?
@ 2004-01-09 23:53 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-01-09 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9 Jan 2004, Norman Walsh<ndw@nwalsh.com> said:
> Someone recommended that I switch to MIME signatures, so I pulled out
> my mailcrypt stuff and started using:
>
> ;; PGG
> (require 'pgg)
>
> (setq pgg-cache-passphrase t)
> (setq pgg-passphrase-cache-expiry 7200)
>
> ;; Emacs should always decrypt and verify emails automatically
> (setq mm-verify-option 'always)
> (setq mm-decrypt-option 'always)
>
> ;; Automcatically sign when sending mails
>
> (defun always-sign ()
> (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime))
>
> (add-hook 'gnus-message-setup-hook 'always-sign)
>
> Seems to work ok, but the OASIS mailing list software totally mangles
> my messages. So the question is, is it their bug or mine? Can someone
> who actually knows such things, tell me if this message is well
> formed?

Yours is ok.

zeDek
--