* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 13:44 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:44:43 +0100, Richard wrote:
>
>> No it isnt :  I was asking about sending from the Queue summary. The
>> send queue docs refer the reader to Drafts.
>
> I got confused by your long explanations I think. Couldn't your entire
> article be summed up as "I'd like the D s functionality found in drafts
> to work in queue as well"?

Because its not the same thing. Queue is not drafts : clearly there is
some common ground but it isnt clear. A Queue is somewhere you store
done messages to be reviewed/sent later.

I wanted to explain the use case.

regards

r.

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 16:07 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-25 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:44:29 +0100, Richard wrote:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:44:43 +0100, Richard wrote:

>>> No it isnt :  I was asking about sending from the Queue summary. The
>>> send queue docs refer the reader to Drafts.

>> I got confused by your long explanations I think. Couldn't your entire
>> article be summed up as "I'd like the D s functionality found in drafts
>> to work in queue as well"?

> Because its not the same thing.

I am asking you "Couldn't your entire query be summed up as X" and you
answer "Because its not the same thing". Your answer doesn't parse for
me.

What you want isn't to have D s do "Send message" in the queue group?

> Queue is not drafts : clearly there is some common ground but it isnt
> clear. A Queue is somewhere you store done messages to be
> reviewed/sent later.

Sure.

> I wanted to explain the use case.

You just confused me; but that is hopefully just me.

  :-),

   Adam

--
 "Här kommer rädslan, gamle vän                               Adam Sjøgren
  När alla fjärilar i magen vaknar upp                   asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 16:39 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-01-25 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:44:43 +0100, Richard wrote:
>>
>>> No it isnt :  I was asking about sending from the Queue summary. The
>>> send queue docs refer the reader to Drafts.
>>
>> I got confused by your long explanations I think. Couldn't your entire
>> article be summed up as "I'd like the D s functionality found in drafts
>> to work in queue as well"?
>
> Because its not the same thing. Queue is not drafts : clearly there is
> some common ground but it isnt clear. A Queue is somewhere you store
> done messages to be reviewed/sent later.

+1

I use queueing to write emails offline daily (e.g. while on the train on
my long commute where I actually do most of my email reading+writing).
I expect to send queued messages out when I connect without checking
(although obviously it's nice to be able to check them if I decide to).
Drafts are very much for *incomplete* emails that I will not send
without reviewing.  I may often have both queued and draft emails after
my train journey.  Very different use cases.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1 + No Gnus v0.11

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 18:38   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:44:29 +0100, Richard wrote:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>>> I got confused by your long explanations I think. Couldn't your entire
>>> article be summed up as "I'd like the D s functionality found in drafts
>>> to work in queue as well"?
>
>> Because its not the same thing.
>
> I am asking you "Couldn't your entire query be summed up as X" and you
> answer "Because its not the same thing". Your answer doesn't parse for
> me.

It couldnt be summed up as X because it wasnt just X. There was the open
confusion about the differences between drafts and queues too. Like a
lot of gnus the power comes, sometimes, at a cost - its not always as
simple as "X" because of overlap-

I explained the basics and then added on the use case. Here:

,----
`----

> What you want isn't to have D s do "Send message" in the queue group?

D s doesnt do that as I explained. When I hit "D" it makes the queued
message as backwards read.

>> Queue is not drafts : clearly there is some common ground but it isnt
>> clear. A Queue is somewhere you store done messages to be
>> reviewed/sent later.
>
> Sure.
>
>> I wanted to explain the use case.
>
> You just confused me; but that is hopefully just me.
>
>   :-),

I think, hope it is, as Robert understood ;)

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 18:40   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>>> I got confused by your long explanations I think. Couldn't your entire
>>> article be summed up as "I'd like the D s functionality found in drafts
>>> to work in queue as well"?
>>
>> Because its not the same thing. Queue is not drafts : clearly there is
>> some common ground but it isnt clear. A Queue is somewhere you store
>> done messages to be reviewed/sent later.
>
> +1
>
> I use queueing to write emails offline daily (e.g. while on the train on
> my long commute where I actually do most of my email reading+writing).
> I expect to send queued messages out when I connect without checking
> (although obviously it's nice to be able to check them if I decide to).
> Drafts are very much for *incomplete* emails that I will not send
> without reviewing.  I may often have both queued and draft emails after
> my train journey.  Very different use cases.

Phew ;)

Thanks Eric.

Clearly there is overlap.

Out of interest does D s work for you from the queue?

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 18:48     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-25 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:38:55 +0100, Richard wrote:

>>> Because its not the same thing.

>> I am asking you "Couldn't your entire query be summed up as X" and you
>> answer "Because its not the same thing". Your answer doesn't parse for
>> me.

> It couldnt be summed up as X because it wasnt just X. There was the open
> confusion about the differences between drafts and queues too. Like a
> lot of gnus the power comes, sometimes, at a cost - its not always as
> simple as "X" because of overlap-

I'm sorry, I don't follow you at all.

Please read the two first quotes above, and tell me:

Do you really mean to say that you think your answer to my question
above made sense?

I think I was asking a yes/no question.

>> What you want isn't to have D s do "Send message" in the queue group?

> D s doesnt do that as I explained. When I hit "D" it makes the queued
> message as backwards read.

Yes. I understand that is what happens right now. What I am trying to
ask you is: Isn't what you WANT in queue the same functionality AS what
D s does in drafts?

I am not talking about how it CURRENTLY is in queue, I am talking about
how you WOULD LIKE it to work in queue.

Man, my english must be way worse than I thought.

  Best regards,

--

@ 2011-01-25 18:49     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-25 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:40:15 +0100, Richard wrote:

> Out of interest does D s work for you from the queue?

I will throw in the towel now.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Här kommer rädslan, gamle vän                               Adam Sjøgren
  När alla fjärilar i magen vaknar upp                   asjo@koldfront.dk
  Viskar välkommen hem"

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 18:59       ` Richard Riley
                           ` (3 more replies)
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> I am asking you "Couldn't your entire query be summed up as X" and you
>>> answer "Because its not the same thing". Your answer doesn't parse for
>>> me.
>
>> It couldnt be summed up as X because it wasnt just X. There was the open
>> confusion about the differences between drafts and queues too. Like a
>> lot of gnus the power comes, sometimes, at a cost - its not always as
>> simple as "X" because of overlap-
>
> I'm sorry, I don't follow you at all.
>
> Please read the two first quotes above, and tell me:
>
> Do you really mean to say that you think your answer to my question
> above made sense?

Yes. Perfect sense.

> I think I was asking a yes/no question.

I'm unsure of how "it couldnt be summed up as X" is unclear. my initial
query was pretty clear. I have replaced it, again, down below in a block
quote.

>>> What you want isn't to have D s do "Send message" in the queue group?
>
>> D s doesnt do that as I explained. When I hit "D" it makes the queued
>> message as backwards read.
>
> Yes. I understand that is what happens right now. What I am trying to
> ask you is: Isn't what you WANT in queue the same functionality AS what
> D s does in drafts?

I dont know how many more times I can say that I dont know. Draft send
might be a totally different thing.

Why even bring drafts into it? I was looking for a way to send a single
message from the queue. Nothing to do with drafts from a user
perspective.

> I am not talking about how it CURRENTLY is in queue, I am talking about
> how you WOULD LIKE it to work in queue.

You snipped again. I dont think this is getting anywhere and email has a
tendency to mask any humour/subtleties in tone. I cant make it
clearer than this:-

,----
| I cant find how to send a single message from the queue without
| editing. I'm guessing its there or should be there. I would like all
| outgoing mail to go without a prompt to the message queue, review the
| queue later and send one by one. Sure I can send them all at once using
| JS too from the group buffer.
`----

Since then D s has been mentioned. I hadnt found that myself. And it
doesnt work for me as I have mentioned a few times already.

regards

r.

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 19:00       ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:40:15 +0100, Richard wrote:
>
>> Out of interest does D s work for you from the queue?
>
> I will throw in the towel now.
>
>   Best regards,

You are aware that Lars mentioned that D s should provide what I wanted?

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 19:56         ` Yann Hodique
                           ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Yann Hodique @ 2011-01-25 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I dont know how many more times I can say that I dont know. Draft send
> might be a totally different thing.

> Why even bring drafts into it? I was looking for a way to send a single
> message from the queue. Nothing to do with drafts from a user
> perspective.

I guess because that's the way it's implemented. If you look carefully,
you should see that your "queue" group is really "nndraft:queue"

Which actually makes sense if you consider a "draft" as being defined
by "something that's still incomplete", with completion being achieved
by sending.
I do agree it's another kind of "draft", but that's why it's a different
group :)

> Since then D s has been mentioned. I hadnt found that myself. And it
> doesnt work for me as I have mentioned a few times already.

"works here".
D s in my queue group does the right thing, sending exactly one message.

Looks like for some reason the `gnus-draft-mode' minor mode is not
activated in your queue (when it should), so that
`gnus-summary-mark-as-read-backward' is not masked. Can you double
check that?

Yann.

--
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention.
It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

  -- The Stolen Journals

* Yes/no -> because [Was: send from queue]
@ 2011-01-25 20:10         ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-25 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:59:32 +0100, Richard wrote:

>>> It couldnt be summed up as X because it wasnt just X. There was the open
>>> confusion about the differences between drafts and queues too. Like a
>>> lot of gnus the power comes, sometimes, at a cost - its not always as
>>> simple as "X" because of overlap-

>> I'm sorry, I don't follow you at all.

>> Please read the two first quotes above, and tell me:

>> Do you really mean to say that you think your answer to my question
>> above made sense?

> Yes. Perfect sense.

The FIRST TWO quotes (shown above in this email)?

>> I think I was asking a yes/no question.

> I'm unsure of how "it couldnt be summed up as X" is unclear.

It isn't.

But I asked you to re-read the FIRST TWO quotes. Where you answer a
yes/no question with "Because...".

The "it couldn't be summed up as X" is the FOURTH quote above.

  Best regards,

--
 "Här kommer rädslan, gamle vän                               Adam Sjøgren
  När alla fjärilar i magen vaknar upp                   asjo@koldfront.dk
  Viskar välkommen hem"

* Sending from queue/drafts [Was: send from queue]
@ 2011-01-25 20:11         ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-25 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:59:32 +0100, Richard wrote:

>> Yes. I understand that is what happens right now. What I am trying to
>> ask you is: Isn't what you WANT in queue the same functionality AS what
>> D s does in drafts?

> I dont know how many more times I can say that I dont know. Draft send
> might be a totally different thing.

Sending a message from one of the groups might be totally different [to
the user] than sending a message from the other?

Really?

> Why even bring drafts into it?

You said that the documentation of queue mentioned looking in the
documentation of drafts.

> I was looking for a way to send a single message from the queue.

Yes.

> Nothing to do with drafts from a user perspective.

Being consistent with another group you might like to send a message
from seems mighty relevant from a user perspective.

>> I am not talking about how it CURRENTLY is in queue, I am talking about
>> how you WOULD LIKE it to work in queue.

> You snipped again.

It is common courtesy to remove the quotes that are not relevant to what
is being discussed anymore.

  Best regards,

--
 "Här kommer rädslan, gamle vän                               Adam Sjøgren
  När alla fjärilar i magen vaknar upp                   asjo@koldfront.dk
  Viskar välkommen hem"

* Re: send from queue
                           ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2011-01-25 20:11         ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-25 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:59:32 +0100, Richard wrote:

> I cant make it clearer than this:-

> ,----
> | I cant find how to send a single message from the queue without
> | editing. I'm guessing its there or should be there. I would like all
> | outgoing mail to go without a prompt to the message queue, review the
> | queue later and send one by one. Sure I can send them all at once using
> | JS too from the group buffer.
> `----

This to me is a very convoluted way of saying "In queue I want the same
functionality that D s provides in drafts".

Because your description is very convoluted to me, I was asking you to
confirm that I understood you correctly.

You have consistently avoided saying yes or no.

Which in itself of course is fine, but your answers have consistently
been increasing in confusion level :-)

> Since then D s has been mentioned. I hadnt found that myself. And it
> doesnt work for me as I have mentioned a few times already.

I have noticed that.

  Best regards,

--

@ 2011-01-25 20:12         ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-25 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:00:36 +0100, Richard wrote:

>>> Out of interest does D s work for you from the queue?

>> I will throw in the towel now.

> You are aware that Lars mentioned that D s should provide what I wanted?

It does so for me.

(I had to look up how to put anything in the queue, but when I did and
entered the group, the menu labeled "Drafts" had "Send selected
message(s) D s" in it, and hitting D s sent the email currently shown
and left the rest untouched.)

  Best regards,

--

@ 2011-01-25 21:22           ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yann Hodique; +Cc: ding

Yann Hodique <yann.hodique@gmail.com> writes:

>> I dont know how many more times I can say that I dont know. Draft send
>> might be a totally different thing.
>
>> Why even bring drafts into it? I was looking for a way to send a single
>> message from the queue. Nothing to do with drafts from a user
>> perspective.
>
> I guess because that's the way it's implemented. If you look carefully,
> you should see that your "queue" group is really "nndraft:queue"

Yes, I am aware of that;)

> Which actually makes sense if you consider a "draft" as being defined
> by "something that's still incomplete", with completion being achieved
> by sending.

Not really since a draft is generally incomplete in terms of content
whereas a queued item is waiting for permission to be sent.

> I do agree it's another kind of "draft", but that's why it's a different
> group :)

I dont think a queued mail (to be sent) is a draft in the true sense of
what a draft is. Certainly there is no cross over in other mail
clients. A draft is something thats incomplete. There is no cross over
with the "outbox". Note I'm not suggesting anything should necessarily
change - I was just looking for clarification.

>> Since then D s has been mentioned. I hadnt found that myself. And it
>> doesnt work for me as I have mentioned a few times already.
>
> "works here".
> D s in my queue group does the right thing, sending exactly one message.
>
> Looks like for some reason the `gnus-draft-mode' minor mode is not
> activated in your queue (when it should), so that
> `gnus-summary-mark-as-read-backward' is not masked. Can you double
> check that?

That would seem to be the case. I'm looking at this mail now in my queue
and there is no draft mode. I'll do a new build and report back.

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-26 12:26     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-01-26 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

>>> Because its not the same thing. Queue is not drafts : clearly there is
>>> some common ground but it isnt clear. A Queue is somewhere you store
>>> done messages to be reviewed/sent later.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I use queueing to write emails offline daily (e.g. while on the train on
>> my long commute where I actually do most of my email reading+writing).
>> I expect to send queued messages out when I connect without checking
>> (although obviously it's nice to be able to check them if I decide to).
>> Drafts are very much for *incomplete* emails that I will not send
>> without reviewing.  I may often have both queued and draft emails after
>> my train journey.  Very different use cases.
>
> Phew ;)
>
> Thanks Eric.
>
> Clearly there is overlap.
>
> Out of interest does D s work for you from the queue?

Never tried it.  I simply use J S to send the whole queue after plugging
in.  I'll try to remember to try this next time...

--

@ 2011-01-26 13:29       ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-26 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> I use queueing to write emails offline daily (e.g. while on the train on
>>> my long commute where I actually do most of my email reading+writing).
>>> I expect to send queued messages out when I connect without checking
>>> (although obviously it's nice to be able to check them if I decide to).
>>> Drafts are very much for *incomplete* emails that I will not send
>>> without reviewing.  I may often have both queued and draft emails after
>>> my train journey.  Very different use cases.
>>
>> Phew ;)
>>
>> Thanks Eric.
>>
>> Clearly there is overlap.
>>
>> Out of interest does D s work for you from the queue?
>
> Never tried it.  I simply use J S to send the whole queue after plugging
> in.  I'll try to remember to try this next time...

We (Lars!) found the problem : my "group definition" (G E) had changed
somehow. As a result the queue group wasnt correctly registering as a
"draft" group (...) and so the D s didnt work. It does now.

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-28  0:52                             ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-28  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Great. Works. Just one small, tiny bug/missing feature left before its
>> perfect.. to display the group queue in the group buffer display if
>> the queue goes from having 0 messages to 1. At the moment it wont
>> appear until you hit g if the always display regexp doesnt include it.
>
> Yes, none of the queue-updating commands insert the queue group into the
> group buffer -- they just update it if it's already there.  Fixing this
> is totally trivial (just remove two characters in the source code), but
> I'm not sure having the queue group appear all the time would be the
> right thing to do?  Euhrmn.  Why not?  I'll delete the two characters...

Not all the time. Only when it goes from 0 to 1 AND the queue is in the
visible regexp. The 1 to many queued is already taken care of.

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-27 23:56                           ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-27 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2011-01-27 17:56                         ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-27 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Just as an aside and linked to the change you made y day or two ago to
>> update the queue line when you send, could you also make it not mark the
>> queue items as read when you browse them?
>
> Good idea.  I've now implemented this.

Great. Works. Just one small, tiny bug/missing feature left before its
perfect.. to display the group queue in the group buffer display if the queue
goes from having 0 messages to 1. At the moment it wont appear until you hit g if the
always display regexp doesnt include it.

--
☘ http://www.shamrockirishbar.com, http://splash-of-open-sauce.blogspot.com/ http://www.richardriley.net

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-27  1:18                       ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-27  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2011-01-25 22:42                     ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> I dont think so as I dont know what a group definition is.
>>
>> Something on the G- keymap?
>
> `G E' on the group in the group buffer.

We're there. The group definition was not the same. I pasted yours in
and now the D s functionality works. Case closed. Thanks a lot.

(And no I dont know how it changed - it could have been ages ago when
first fiddling with something like group levels).

Just as an aside and linked to the change you made y day or two ago to
update the queue line when you send, could you also make it not mark the
queue items as read when you browse them? e.g if you read a queued item
(the only one) then the queue is shown as empty until you hit "g" again
when its again marked as not read.

I'll leave it a day or two before I start asking about my seemingly
nutty Agent numbers in two out of the three imap accounts I am
subscribed to ;)

And sending this via D s from my queue ...

regards

r.

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-25 22:00                   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-25 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2011-01-25 21:54                 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2011-01-25 21:19               ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-25 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2011-01-25 13:47             ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-25 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Lars, my use case would I think be more generally useable too. Any
>> chance of a "send single message from queue" functionality if its not
>> already there?
>
> So are you saying that `D s' in the queue group doesn't work for you?

Before snipping :

,----

`----

@ 2011-01-24 21:52           ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-24 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2011-01-24 19:55     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-24 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:44:43 +0100, Richard wrote:

> No it isnt :  I was asking about sending from the Queue summary. The
> send queue docs refer the reader to Drafts.

I got confused by your long explanations I think. Couldn't your entire
article be summed up as "I'd like the D s functionality found in drafts
to work in queue as well"?

I only use the queue whenever I read about being able to send messages
at a point in time in the future, and do so once, and forget about it
again :-)

  Best regard,

--

@ 2011-01-24 17:57         ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-24 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I suppose Richard could just save stuff and have it end up in the draft
>>> group, and then send from there, but that kind of defeats the object of
>>> having a separate queue group. (although given how little you can do
>>> with it, perhaps it should be gotten rid of?)
>>
>> The queue is definitely a valuable edition. I think it needs some more
>> use cases to be made truly usable though. e.g It needs a single message
>> send, a queue level prompt to send when plugged as well as
>> unplugged. Possibly they are there. I find it very hard to pinpoint the
>> relevant keys from the docs though or even C-h m.
>
> I can't find them either, I suspect it was intended as a 'queue when
> offline, then batch send when online' solution.
>
>> Certainly it's a bit of a misnomer/confusing to add the queue to
>> nndrafts though.
>
> Definitely.
>
> Robert

Lars, my use case would I think be more generally useable too. Any
chance of a "send single message from queue" functionality if its not
already there?

Also, If I set the "prompt to send" option then I have to accept for it go into
the queue and then accept again when I send from queue : if I send from
the queue I dont think there should be any prompt, Opinion.

But certainly the ability to send a single message without prompt from
the queue would be valuable if its not already there (I cant find it).

regards

r.

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-24 15:34       ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2011-01-24 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
>> I suppose Richard could just save stuff and have it end up in the draft
>> group, and then send from there, but that kind of defeats the object of
>> having a separate queue group. (although given how little you can do
>> with it, perhaps it should be gotten rid of?)
>
> The queue is definitely a valuable edition. I think it needs some more
> use cases to be made truly usable though. e.g It needs a single message
> send, a queue level prompt to send when plugged as well as
> unplugged. Possibly they are there. I find it very hard to pinpoint the
> relevant keys from the docs though or even C-h m.

I can't find them either, I suspect it was intended as a 'queue when
offline, then batch send when online' solution.

> Certainly it's a bit of a misnomer/confusing to add the queue to
> nndrafts though.

Definitely.

Robert

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-24 13:56     ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-24 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:01:13 +0100, Richard wrote:
>>
>>> In the docs for drafts it suggests Ds sends but in the queue summary
>>> that marks backwards as read (D).
>>
>> The menu "Drafts" in the drafts group says D S for "Send all messages"
>> and D s for "Send selected message(s)".
>>

> That's in the nndraft:drafts group.  I believe Richard is in the
> nndraft:queue group.

Yes.

@ 2011-01-24 13:50   ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2011-01-24 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2011-01-24 13:44   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-24 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:01:13 +0100, Richard wrote:
>
>> In the docs for drafts it suggests Ds sends but in the queue summary
>> that marks backwards as read (D).
>
> The menu "Drafts" in the drafts group says D S for "Send all messages"
> and D s for "Send selected message(s)".
>
> I don't know if that is at all what you were asking, though.

No it isnt :  I was asking about sending from the Queue summary. The
send queue docs refer the reader to Drafts.

(I'll pop back the snippage for context in case anyone else follows up)

,----
| I cant find how to send a single message from the queue without
| editing. I'm guessing its there or should be there. I would like all
| outgoing mail to go without a prompt to the message queue, review the
| queue later and send one by one. Sure I can send them all at once using
| JS too from the group buffer.
|
| In the docs for drafts it suggests Ds sends but in the queue summary
| that marks backwards as read (D).
`----

So:

I send an email.
It goes, without prompt to the queue.
Later I review the queue.
How to send one message at a time from the queue without editing?

Ds doesn't do it as I outlined above : the queue is not the same as
drafts.

regards

r.

* Re: send from queue
@ 2011-01-24 13:36 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-01-24 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:01:13 +0100, Richard wrote:

> In the docs for drafts it suggests Ds sends but in the queue summary
> that marks backwards as read (D).

The menu "Drafts" in the drafts group says D S for "Send all messages"
and D s for "Send selected message(s)".

I don't know if that is at all what you were asking, though.

  Best regards,

--
 "Här kommer rädslan, gamle vän                               Adam Sjøgren
  När alla fjärilar i magen vaknar upp                   asjo@koldfront.dk
  Viskar välkommen hem"

* send from queue
@ 2011-01-24 13:01 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-24 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

apologies if this appears slightly differently a second time (teething
problems with queues...)

The docs refer to drafts for handling of the message queue.

I cant find how to send a single message from the queue without
editing. I'm guessing its there or should be there. I would like all
outgoing mail to go without a prompt to the message queue, review the
queue later and send one by one. Sure I can send them all at once using
JS too from the group buffer.

In the docs for drafts it suggests Ds sends but in the queue summary
that marks backwards as read (D).

cheers

r.