* spam-split has made about 750 mails disapeared :(
@ 2003-04-01 21:00 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-04-01 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since I'm playing with spam.el, this is the first time it occurs. When
I have fetched my mails, spam-split has done its job (trying to detect
the spam) but all the mails have disapeared and I dunno at all where
they are now :(

Can one tell me where I can get all these mails cuz' this is the daily
production I have lost and it is really annoying :(.

To prevent from further weirdness, I have disabled the spam-split
feature but I am really lost now and really don't know how to get the
other 750 back.

zeDek

--
http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site

Anti-war disclaimer:
	"Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: spam-split has made about 750 mails disapeared :(
@ 2003-04-01 21:21 ` Jody Klymak
From: Jody Klymak @ 2003-04-01 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Xavier,

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> Since I'm playing with spam.el, this is the first time it occurs. When
> I have fetched my mails, spam-split has done its job (trying to detect
> the spam) but all the mails have disapeared and I dunno at all where
> they are now :(

C-h v spam-split-groups
will tell you where they got split to.

I'm not exactly sure how that works on nnml, but on
nnimap, it puts it in a group.
nnimap+my.isp.com:spam

Once you find that group you should customize it (G c in the *Group*
buffer).

I don't know how you are splitting for spam.  I use bogofilter, and it
was overzealous for the first few days.  You need to train it by
marking spam as spam and non-spam as non-spam in a group that will run
it through bogofilter when it closes.  After a couple of weeks it
starts to magically work.

You will find good documentation in the spam section of the
gnus info file.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak                           104 Ocean Admin Bldg., OSU
mailto:jklymak@coas.oregonstate.edu   Corvallis OR, 97330

* Re: spam-split has made about 750 mails disapeared :(
@ 2003-04-01 21:43   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-04-01 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
On 1 avr 2003, Jody Klymak outgrape:

>  Hello Xavier,
>
>  Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:
>
> >  Since I'm playing with spam.el, this is the first time it
> >  occurs. When I have fetched my mails, spam-split has done its job
> >  (trying to detect the spam) but all the mails have disapeared and I
> >  dunno at all where they are now :(
>
>  C-h v spam-split-groups
>  will tell you where they got split to.

I know that. I have read almost all possible docs on spam.el before
experimenting it :)

>  I'm not exactly sure how that works on nnml, but on
>  nnimap, it puts it in a group.
>  nnimap+my.isp.com:spam
>
>  Once you find that group you should customize it (G c in the *Group*
>  buffer).
>
>  I don't know how you are splitting for spam.  I use bogofilter, and
>  it was overzealous for the first few days.  You need to train it by
>  marking spam as spam and non-spam as non-spam in a group that will
>  run it through bogofilter when it closes.  After a couple of weeks it
>  starts to magically work.

I also use spam-bogofilter and I had never experienced problems before
today :( In fact I know spam-split has treaten my incoming mails but I
can't figure out where it has put it. I only know that no messages have
been splitted through my different groups and there aren't in the spam
group too :(

zeDek
--

@ 2003-04-05 13:35 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-04-05 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:
> Since I'm playing with spam.el, this is the first time it
> occurs. When I have fetched my mails, spam-split has done its job
> (trying to detect the spam) but all the mails have disapeared and I
> dunno at all where they are now :(
>
> Can one tell me where I can get all these mails cuz' this is the
> daily production I have lost and it is really annoying :(.
>
> To prevent from further weirdness, I have disabled the spam-split
> feature but I am really lost now and really don't know how to get
> the other 750 back.

I sent a separate post to the list last night that doesn't seem to
have gone through - if it does, sorry for the duplication.

Can you show your spam-related settings, especially your split-fancy?
It could be that you need to subscribe to the "spam" group on the
server of interest.

Thanks
Ted