* [Edbrowse-dev]  compiling edbrowse with js24
@ 2014-01-29 22:16 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-01-29 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I unpacked it in /usr/local, just to make sure it's where it belongs.
Then make install did indeed put headers in /usr/local/include
and libs in /usr/local/lib.
One odd thing though, I already have /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf,
so I figured it would link and run without trouble,
but I had to run ldconfig again, after the mozjs-24 lib was installed,
for it to connect.
Don't know if that's normal or not.

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev]  compiling edbrowse with js24
@ 2014-01-29 23:08 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-01-29 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Chuck writes:

> Next question: If I modify the edbrowse makefile to add those flags,

Well you're right you don't want to do that.
I find these aliases helpful.
Put in your .bashrc file.

#  make edbrowse and edbrowseodbc
alias mkeb="make JS_CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/mozjs-24 JSLIB=-lmozjs-24 edbrowse"
alias mkeo="make JS_CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/mozjs-24 JSLIB=-lmozjs-24 edbrowseodbc"

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev] compiling edbrowse with js24
@ 2014-01-29 12:12 Chuck Hallenbeck
From: Chuck Hallenbeck @ 2014-01-29 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse Development

Hi all,

I must have overlooked something, and need suggestions.

I retrieved and compiled the js24 sources, using the default instructions +
"make install", apparently successfully (no fatal errors, numerous
warnings)

I retrieved the master branch of edbrowse from git after Adam's pushes
yesterday, but the compile failed when jsapi.h could not be found.

"locate" shows the existence of jsapi.h under /usr/include/js and also
/usr/include/js-17.0, apparently from earlier versions from the arch
repositories, and other jsapi.h files under the source directories for
js24.

I'm wondering if I need to add a link somewhere to point to the new jsapi.h
files?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chuck

--

 Chuck, now in Ghent: (northeast of Hudson on the Hudson)