* [Edbrowse-dev] debian and redhat
@ 2014-04-15  5:45 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-04-15  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Prompted by Adam's message, I tried an experiment.
I pulled the latest rpm package from Fedora for the js library,
and installed it, and it worked.
Emboldend by this, I pulled down the development package,
installed the headers, rebuilt everything,
now using just the command make rather than make
with a bunch of arguments, and built,
and ran jsrt through its paces, and it worked.

ftp://rpmfind.net
login anonymous
cd /linux/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/i386/os/Packages/m
get mozjs24-24.2.0-3.fc21.i686.rpm
get mozjs24-devel-24.2.0-3.fc21.i686.rpm

Notice it is exactly the same version we are using from source.
So the debian problem is perhaps debian specific,
and not systemic.

At this point I am tempted to remove all the js I built from source,
as it takes up almost 2 gig.

So ... this is an interesting, and I hope helpful, data point.
Edbrowse works on Fedora.
Too bad we haven't convinced redhat to carry edbrowse yet.

Karl Dahlke