* Have message-ID set by my email server rather than by Message
@ 2023-12-08 18:44 rameiko87
From: rameiko87 @ 2023-12-08 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello everyone! I'm on Emacs 29.1 and I use Message and sendmail for
writing emails. I don't load Gnus but I do the easy C-x m. I can't get
Emacs not to add Message-ID to my outgoing mail! I would be very
grateful if some of you could help me out a little, I'm kind of a
beginner. I set https://bpa.st/QLDQ and yet every email I write contains
a message-ID which is set by emacs, rather than my email server.

If I customize message-user-fqdn then the Message-ID will reflect that.
Therefore whatever is setting my message ID despite the config telling
Message not to, is taking it from the variable message-user-fqdn!

Help is very much appreciated!