* References formatting (m-bib related problems)
@ 2006-03-31 20:15 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-03-31 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

At first, I use m-bib-beta-20060208.zip. Up to now, I used:

\setupbibtex[database=biblio,sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=num-fr,sorttype=bbl,numbering=yes]

%% In order to format Names with small capitals:
\def\mynormalauthor#1#2#3#4#5%
{\bibdoif{#1}{#1\bibalternative{firstnamesep}}%
\bibdoif{#2}{#2\bibalternative{vonsep}}%
\bgroup\sc#3\egroup\bibalternative{surnamesep}\unskip
\bibdoif{#5}{#5\unskip}}

\setuppublicationlist
  [artauthor=\mynormalauthor,
   editor=\mynormalauthor,
   author=\mynormalauthor]

Everything works fine, but now I would use apa-fr and I have some
problems. After discussing this topic with Taco on #context, I have
tried the following code:
% \cite[name00] should return [Name, 2000]
\unprotect\def\mybibcommand#1{\expanded{\cite[\@@pbk]}~~} \protect
\setupbibtex[database=biblio,sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa,sorttype=bbl,numbercommand=\mybibcommand,
numbering=yes,autohang=yes]

\setupcite[authoryears][left={[},right={]}]

So, just forget to format the authors with normalauthor & small
capitals.... It's ok for the cite command but labels of the references
listing is wrong (each label are the same and correspond in fact to the
last entry ! )... Any idea ???

Add to this the fact that I don't like the formatting of the year ->
(1999). Since I like the formatting applied with num-fr, how to
reproduce it with apa-fr.
(I have tested apa and apa-fr and it gives same results in either)

Cheers,

Renaud

* Re: References formatting (m-bib related problems)
@ 2006-03-31 22:48 ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-03-31 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's confirmed: same problems with t-bib-2006.03.13.zip

( Please Taco, is it possible to remove leftover "year needed" messages ? )

@ 2006-04-01  6:35   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-04-01  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:
> It's confirmed: same problems with t-bib-2006.03.13.zip

About the overall formatting: have you tried using num-fr
together with \setuppublications[refcommand=authoryears] ?

I'll try to have a look at your labelling request today or
tomorrow, but I cannot promise.

> ( Please Taco, is it possible to remove leftover "year needed" messages ? )

The are gone in the version I sent Hans for the next
context release (that will be real soon now, i hope)

Cheers,

Taco

* Re: References formatting (m-bib related problems)
@ 2006-04-01 14:26     ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-04-01 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

Taco Hoekwater a écrit :

>About the overall formatting: have you tried using num-fr
>together with \setuppublications[refcommand=authoryears] ?

Ok, formatting is better with
\setuppublications[alternative=num-fr,sorttype=bbl,numbering=yes]

>I'll try to have a look at your labelling request today or
>tomorrow, but I cannot promise.

I have not checked but I think I have already submitted this problem 2
or 3 months ago when I began to play with ConTeXt & m-bib... To all: Am
I the only one who want to do this kind of bib formatting ??? I think
LaTeX + bibTeX do that by default with apa style... IMHO, it's a key
feature...

@ 2006-04-01 17:39       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-04-01 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:
> I have not checked but I think I have already submitted this problem 2
> or 3 months ago when I began to play with ConTeXt & m-bib... To all: Am
> I the only one who want to do this kind of bib formatting ??? I think
> LaTeX + bibTeX do that by default with apa style... IMHO, it's a key
> feature...

If you want the bib module to do it's formatting a certain way, send
me an example of input & desired output. I do not know what "LaTeX +
bibTeX do that by default with apa style", nor do I especially want
to learn precisely what it does, just so I can mimic it for the bib
module in case someone needs ConTeXt to behave exactly like LaTeX.

The formatting in "bibl-apa" is taken from the guidelines on
the http://www.apastyle.org website. If that is actually wrong,
I do not know where to look instead.

Greetings, Taco

* Re: References formatting (m-bib related problems)
@ 2006-04-01 19:09         ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-04-01 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater a écrit :

>If you want the bib module to do it's formatting a certain way, send
>me an example of input & desired output.

Ok, see http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/bibsample.pdf (extracted from an old
report made in 2003 with a hacked bst based on
http://www.irit.fr/~Gael.Jaffre/LOGICIELS/LATEX_BIBTEX/MODIF_GAEL/frcomplet.bst)

I have just used normal \cite calls + a standard bib file...

> I do not know what "LaTeX +
>bibTeX do that by default with apa style", nor do I especially want
>to learn precisely what it does, just so I can mimic it for the bib
>module in case someone needs ConTeXt to behave exactly like LaTeX.

I have checked, this is not at all the default behaviour of
LaTeX+bibTeX, sorry...

>The formatting in "bibl-apa" is taken from the guidelines on
>the http://www.apastyle.org website. If that is actually wrong,
>I do not know where to look instead.

You're right, using guidelines is the best approach. Ok, my wishes are
not in respect with the "standards".