* [NTG-context] can we do binding correction?
@ 2024-03-17 21:48 Hraban Ramm
From: Hraban Ramm @ 2024-03-17 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, this question was rised in my ConTeXt beginners workshop* at
Chemnitz Linux Days today:

Can I configure binding correction for saddle-stitched or thread-bound
booklets, and if, does it only work with arranging (imposition) or can I
enable it somehow for the layout (if the printshop does the imposition)?

Also I recognized I'm not sure about the difference of the layout
parameters backspace and cutspace.

Hraban

*) 8 participants who endured 3 hours of me mostly talking… Further
questions that I couldn't answer for sure were about PDF/A or PDF/UA and
how color profiles are handled within ConTeXt and at printshops (my
monitor is profiled, but I know I have to edit images "too bright" to
have them look right in print). I need to investigate further before I
can ask precise questions.

When JUH yesterday had his shorter talk about "corporate publishing with
Markdown and ConTeXt", the lecture hall was stuffed.

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: can we do binding correction?
@ 2024-03-20  5:07 Andres Conrado Montoya
From: Andres Conrado Montoya @ 2024-03-20  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)