* [***SPAM***] quotationmarks just before new line
@ 2012-06-29 22:14 d_jan
From: d_jan @ 2012-06-29 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, d_jan

Hello,

It frequently happens to me that a new line in an output-document starts
just after a quotation mark. So I encounter lines in my ConTeX-created
.pdf like:

"And the prince of Denmark spoke: '
how weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable seem to me all the uses of
this world!' "

Its hard to say how often this happens but I'd say its roughly every 50
quotations.

A minimal example to see the problem in action: (also on
http://pastebin.com/cEMiGZju)

\mainlanguage [de]
\setuppapersize[A4]

\setuplayout[width=6cm]

\setupquotation
[1]
[left=„, right=“]

\setupquote
[1]
[left=„, right=“]

\starttext

\language[de]
Bereiche der\quotation{waren transparent, so dass} man auf.
\quotation{die darunterliegenden} Grafiken sehen konnte. \quotation{Die
Paletten konnten mit der} nicht-dominanten \quotation{Hand bewegt
werden} %gibberish content

\stoptext

I'm using LiveTex 2011/LuaTex typeset but the problem can be reproduced
using the example code at http://live.contextgarden.net/ and the
"XeTeX"-Setting.

Is there any fix to this problem?

Kind Regards,
Jan

* Re: [***SPAM***] quotationmarks just before new line
@ 2012-07-02  7:46 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-02  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.06.2012 um 00:14 schrieb d_jan:

> Hello,
>
> It frequently happens to me that a new line in an output-document starts just after a quotation mark. So I encounter lines in my ConTeX-created .pdf like:
>
> "And the prince of Denmark spoke: '
> how weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable seem to me all the uses of this world!' "
>
> Its hard to say how often this happens but I'd say its roughly every 50 quotations.
>
> A minimal example to see the problem in action: (also on http://pastebin.com/cEMiGZju)
>
> \mainlanguage [de]
> \setuppapersize[A4]
>
> \setuplayout[width=6cm]
>
> \setupquotation
> [1]
> [left=„, right=“]
>
> \setupquote
> [1]
> [left=„, right=“]
>
> \starttext
>
> \language[de]
> Bereiche der\quotation{waren transparent, so dass} man auf. \quotation{die darunterliegenden} Grafiken sehen konnte. \quotation{Die Paletten konnten mit der} nicht-dominanten \quotation{Hand bewegt werden} %gibberish content
>
> \stoptext
>
> I'm using LiveTex 2011/LuaTex typeset but the problem can be reproduced using the example code at http://live.contextgarden.net/ and the "XeTeX"-Setting.
>
> Is there any fix to this problem?

You have to add \nobreak between the quotation mark and the text, e.g.

  \setupdelimitedtext[quotation][1][left=„\nobreak]

but I can give you better answer when you tell use why do you want to change
the delimiters as shown above because „ and “ are the default symbols for german
when you use \quotation.

Wolfgang

* Re: [***SPAM***] quotationmarks just before new line
       [not found] <mailman.178.1341221348.2194.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-07-03 13:03 ` d_jan
From: d_jan @ 2012-07-03 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context