* How to set margin for Typst?
@ 2023-12-07 15:33 Cerdo
       [not found] ` <e815ceb0-4056-43bb-afef-51faff7ddf67n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Cerdo @ 2023-12-07 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am trying to set the margins when converting a Markdown file to a PDF
with Typst.
According to the documentation
<https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#variables-for-typst>, this should be
possible by setting the variable *margin *as
*dictionary with the fields defined in the Typst documentation: x, y, top,
bottom, left, right.*

How do I define the dictionary?
As far, I have tried:

   - -V margin=top:1mm
   -
   - -V margin="top:1mm"
   - -V margin="(top:1mm)"
   - -V margin="{\"top\":"1mm"}"
   - and many other combinations

What is the correct way to provide this "dictionary"?

Best,
Cerdo

* Re: How to set margin for Typst?
       [not found] ` <e815ceb0-4056-43bb-afef-51faff7ddf67n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-12-09  2:01   ` iandol
       [not found]     ` <76d39afe-f9c9-4f2e-8a08-d79627538e5bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: iandol @ 2023-12-09  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

In YAML metadata: margin: {x: 1.75cm, y: 2cm} works with the Typst
template, however I assume given the docmentation for the -M option:

> Values will be parsed as YAML boolean or string values

Suggests that YAML lists cannot be passed via the command line. In which
case the solution is to use a metadata or a defaults file to pass these
options?

Cheers, Ian

@ 2023-12-12 11:47       ` Cerdo
From: Cerdo @ 2023-12-12 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)