From: Clem Cole <clemc@ccc.com>
To: Mary Ann Horton <mah@mhorton.net>
Cc: tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] UNIX or unix
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 16:23:04 -0500

In fact ATT legal had a document they sent to all commercial licensees
around 1980 on proper use of the name.  I wonder if I still have/can find a
copy.  But the lawyers were pretty clear. It was UNIX with ™ and later the
R with a circle around beside the all caps letters after they registered
it.

It was that letter that started all the names like Xenix, Ultrix, HP-UX,
SunOS, RTU etc.

--
Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual