From: "Steve Johnson" <scj@yaccman.com>
To: "Clem Cole" <clemc@ccc.com>, "Mary Ann Horton" <mah@mhorton.net>
Cc: tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] UNIX or unix
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 16:07:05 -0800

I remember a story I heard second hand.   The Bell System had so
many acronyms that they published  yearly a small book with all the
acronyms in the Bell System.   Somebody (Ken?, Doug?) got a call one
year that they wanted to include UNIX in the book, so would we please
tell them what UNIX stood for.   The reply was that UNIX was not an
acronym.  So the caller said: "OK.  We won't put it in the book..."

Steve