* [9fans] Small Plan9 box suggestions.
@ 2011-02-25  8:08 Jason Dreisbach
From: Jason Dreisbach @ 2011-02-25  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,

Can anyone help shed some light in my search for a "low power" minimal plan
9 hardware setup to start experimenting with. Has anyone had success running
plan 9 on a Fit PC (the only atom box we have access to)?

Gumstix would be ideal, but their plan 9 support is a bit half baked right
now. Wireless support would be a huge plus.

We are trying to do a bit of research into robotic applications of plan 9.
The p9 filesystem protocol seems like a real neat method to acquire
resources of nearby "bots". Allowing for very minimal, modularized robot
configurations.

Any tips? Am I out of my mind?

Thanks,

Jason