* Re: [9fans] IMAP clients and plan9 imap server
@ 2003-10-10 17:12 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-10-10 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matthias-9fans, 9fans

Matthias,

I think I fixed the Opera problem.  We were parsing what was a UID
as a sequence number.  Normally it doesn't matter.  However a
seqno can't be 0 and Opera was asking for uid 0 which resulted in
a syntax error.  The fix should be available for 'pull' soon or
you can just copy over the new imap4d.c form sources, recompile,
and tell me if it works.

* Re: [9fans] IMAP clients and plan9 imap server
@ 2003-10-05 16:29 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-10-05 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> nmap does an incredibly bad job identifying whats behind plan 9 ports
> because we're not worth their time to know about.  At least it finds
> the open ports, even though we often have different services there
> than others do.

nmap shows 564 as '9pfs':

	564/tcp    open        9pfs
	566/tcp    open        streettalk
	567/tcp    open        banyan-rpc

that's a start...

* RE: [9fans] IMAP clients and plan9 imap server
@ 2003-10-05 13:16 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2003-10-05 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>pop - highway to hell
>imap - superhighway to hell

especially nice is to know that your passwords float
in cleartext into the better tomorrow

* [9fans] IMAP clients and plan9 imap server
@ 2003-10-05 12:37 Matthias Teege
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Matthias Teege @ 2003-10-05 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

I tried to connect with different clients to a plan9 imap
server. With kmail I get a folderlist and the number of messages
stored in the folders but if I select a folder there is no
message. With Operas M2 I only get a folder INBOX but also no
message and mutt gives me a «CRAM-MD5 auth failed».

Maybe this is a configuration problem on the server but it would be
nice to know, which imap/pop clients working with the plan9
pop/imap server.

Matthias