* [9fans] 9atom
@ 2011-11-21 20:13 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-11-21 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i realize that ftp is giving troubles.  i'm not quite sure what the issue
is.  it might be some wierdness in my modem.  in any event,
http :// ftp.quanstro.net/other/9atom.iso. bz2 is an alternative.

(remove spaces)

- erik

* [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-03-01 14:11 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-03-01 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

anonymous 9fs access

	nflag=-n
	# import -E ssl atom.9atom.org /n/atom /n/atom
	srv $nflag -q tcp!atom.9atom.org atom &&
		mount $nflag /srv/atom /n/atom atom

there are some updates from the last cd, but there is no
replica log yet.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-06 17:34                                                           ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2013-01-06 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Rox 64 <mrox128@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems I don't need aux/realemu and aux/vga at all to boot rio, it can run
> with monitor=vesa and vgasize=640x480x8 in plan9.ini. I still haven't found
> out how to run in 1024x738 with vesa, through, will check if it can run at
> least at 800x600 with the vga command as you said.

aux/vga and aux/mouse are being called by the startup scripts in that
case. Erik just posted the variable declarations and command calls
which end up being made from plan9.ini and the startup scripts--you'll
only need to use them if you've misconfigured plan9.ini.

john

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-06 16:49                                                         ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-06 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It seems I don't need aux/realemu and aux/vga at all to boot rio, it can
run with monitor=vesa and vgasize=640x480x8 in plan9.ini. I still haven't
found out how to run in 1024x738 with vesa, through, will check if it can
run at least at 800x600 with the vga command as you said.

BTW, there are two things I have detected in Plan 9 that I love: the
ability to copy and delete text in rio like if it were a simple file (much
like the rest of Plan 9) and no CapsLock support (why other operating
systems still support CapsLock? Seriously, it should die).

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-06 14:28                                                       ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-06 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 9front's booloader works flawlessly. It's a little annoying to write
> local!/shr/sdU7.0/tmp/9front.iso at the command prompt everytime, but at
> least it runs. The only problem (aside of using the US QWERTY layout, I'm
> spanish) is that it cannot run rio (it says something like 'cannot open
> /dev/draw/new: no frame buffer', I will investigate why it is happening).
> But now I can use 9front, and I'm happy with that. Now I will try running
> Plan 9 with 9front's FAT-based bootloader and see what happens.

vgasize=XxYx16	# replace X and Y with something reasonable for your monitor.
monitor=vesa
aux/realemu
aux/vga -l $vgasize
rio

use kbmap(3) to fix your keyboard.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-06 14:24                                                     ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-06 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I see.

9front's booloader works flawlessly. It's a little annoying to write
local!/shr/sdU7.0/tmp/9front.iso at the command prompt everytime, but at
least it runs. The only problem (aside of using the US QWERTY layout, I'm
spanish) is that it cannot run rio (it says something like 'cannot open
/dev/draw/new: no frame buffer', I will investigate why it is happening).
But now I can use 9front, and I'm happy with that. Now I will try running
Plan 9 with 9front's FAT-based bootloader and see what happens.

Thank you for all the help, guys.

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-06  1:05                                                   ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2013-01-06  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Correct.

On Jan 5, 2013, at 19:55, Rox 64 <mrox128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I have another question here. I have browsed the wiki, the mailing list and I have googled it a lot but I'm still not sure.
>
> 9front's wiki says that in order to make a Live USB you need to copy a compiled Plan 9 kernel in a  '/386' folder. From what I have seen there's two available 386 kernels in 9front: 9pcf and 9pccpuf. If I'm correct, 9pcf is the standard kernel and 9pccpuf is for configuring a standalone CPU server, right?

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-06  0:55                                                 ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-06  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-01-06  0:29                                               ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-06  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ah, sorry then if my previous message sounded somehow violent.
My idea is to install and run Plan 9 on a USB a few days, then copy the
disk image onto the HDD when I will be comfortable with it, so what I want
is to be able to boot from USB every time I plug it without relying on
external software such as GRUB and with hardcoded options.
But if I will take your suggestion if any other option fails =)

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-05 23:56                                             ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2013-01-05 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Rox 64 <mrox128@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really want to deal with ELF binaries and Grub...
> I will try 9front and if its bootloader works then I will use it against
> vanilla Plan 9.

I merely suggest GRUB because it seems like most of the time, if I can
get through 9load, I can boot the system OK, but sometimes 9load won't
work on such-and-such hardware and I have to resort to PXE booting,
putting the disk in another system to install, whatever. I've found
GRUB on a bootable USB stick to be a pretty reliable way to drop you
into a 32-bit kernel.

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-05 23:43                                           ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-05 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2013-01-05 23:36                                         ` Jacob Todd
From: Jacob Todd @ 2013-01-05 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 6:25 PM, John Floren <john@jfloren.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Rox 64 <mrox128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe should I try 9front instead? I read they made a new bootloader to fix
>> that issue.
>
> The PC kernel is also (supposed to be) multiboot-compliant, so you
> should be able to boot it with GRUB if that helps. You just have to
> build the kernel as an ELF file.
>
> This means, of course, that you'll have to make do with default
> configuration options or hard-code the options, since GRUB doesn't
> read plan9.ini.

I've never had to do that when when using grub and plan 9,
chainloading always worked.

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-05 23:25                                       ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2013-01-05 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2013-01-05 22:42                                     ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-05 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2013-01-05 21:13                                   ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2013-01-05 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> Hi. I have tried David's build. I copied it to an USB with ''dd
>> if=[.img file] of=/dev/sdb bs=1M" and it boots. It detects the CPU
>> and I can see something like "boot into real mode". Then nothing
>> happens. The LED of my USB also does not indicate disk activity too.
>>
> Ah, nevermind, I have seen that rc script, I was very stupid thinking
> I could do the same thing you can do with Miller's SD image for the
> Rpi. Please forgive my stupidity and (serious) brain damage.

No, you did it right. The problem you reported is well-known
and happens with 9loadusb on some motherboards.
Unfortunately, there is still no known workaround.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-05 20:10                                 ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-05 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-01-05 20:07                               ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-05 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi. I have tried David's build. I copied it to an USB with ''dd if=[.img
file] of=/dev/sdb bs=1M" and it boots. It detects the CPU and I can see
something like "boot into real mode". Then nothing happens. The LED of my
USB also does not indicate disk activity too.

What can I do now?

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-05  2:21                             ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-05  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bakul, 9fans

> On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 15:36:06 EST erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
> > > This matches my understanding. Recall that IDE was essentially
> > > ST-506 with all the analog bits done on the drive itself
> > > (hence the name Integrated Drive Electronics).
> >
> > just because it once was, so it shall always be?  somehow
> > i think the world has moved on.
>
> My only point was that there is no need to throw away history
> and redefine commonly understood terms -- that only increases
> confusion. New revisions of the ATA spec should use new terms
> If old ones are found wanting but not redefine them.

unfortunately, they have been redefined for us.  ATA means
a command set.  IDE is a programming interface.  if that
has changed in the last 25 years, it is not i who changed the
definitions.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 22:13                       ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2013-01-04 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Thank you for the help guys, I'm going to try David's build.
> Wish me luck!

By the way, I have just uploaded a new USB image, based
on the latest Plan 9 CD image (2013-01-03).

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 20:59                           ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2013-01-04 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2013-01-04 20:55                     ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2013-01-04 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Jan 4, 2013, at 15:24, erik quanstrom <quanstro@labs.coraid.com> wrote:

>>> I see. Thank you guys, been waiting to try Plan 9 since a while, but I though my hardware was incapable of booting and running it. In fact I wanted to buy a Raspberry Pi to install Miller's build... Although I will get sooner or later a Rpi haha.
>>>
>>> What file system do I need to install Plan 9? Fat32? NTFS? Ext2/3/4?
>>
>> Fossil, cwfs, or hjfs.
>
> perhaps i'm being literal when it's not called for, but i don't
> see this answers the question.
>
> to *install* plan 9, you should be fine with a bare machine
> plus the sd card or iso.
>
> - erik

Well he asked for the filesystem. I gave him the filesystems.

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 20:36                         ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-04 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Wikipedia says:
>
>     The terms "integrated drive electronics" (IDE), "enhanced
>     IDE" and "EIDE" have come to be used interchangeably with
>     ATA (now Parallel ATA, or PATA).

i don't think so.  these are the last set of ata8 docs i downloaded
from incits.  there's no parallel spec at all.  it's been dropped

	aam	architecture model
	ast	serial transport
	acs	ata command set

i don't see any room here for conflating ide with ata.

there's a seperate set of docs detailing sata from sata-io.

@ 2013-01-04 20:33                     ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-04 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yeah, my error was to assume I needed to make an special filesystem to boot
and install Plan 9 from a USB device... Nevermind.

@ 2013-01-04 20:27                       ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2013-01-04 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2013-01-04 20:24                   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-04 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-01-04 20:08                       ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2013-01-04 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> it's a pretty consistent mistake in plan 9 (and elsewhere)
> that ide is confused with ata or sata.  these the are all
> on different levels.  "Disable DMA on IDE controllers."

Fixed. Thanks for the reminder.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 20:03                 ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2013-01-04 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2013-01-04 19:50               ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-04 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-01-04 19:44                     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-04 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Surprisingly, I have another version of this patch
> which should convince your former colleague :-)
>
> http://www.9legacy.org/9legacy/patch/pc-sdata-dma.diff

@@ -455,6 +455,8 @@
 and
 .I slot
 to use as a root device for bootstrapping.
+.SS \fL*nodma=\fP
+Disable DMA on (S)ATA controllers.

it's a pretty consistent mistake in plan 9 (and elsewhere)
that ide is confused with ata or sata.  these the are all
on different levels.  "Disable DMA on IDE controllers."

ide	device register set (analogue FIS)
sata	on-the-wire protocol (analogue pata)
ata	abstract command set.

ahci is not in this list because it's a programming
interface that is not directly tied to the hardware.
there are other programming interfaces for the
same hardware.  (e.g. marvell & lsi interfaces.)

"sdata" is a misleading name, since it implies that it
actually handles the read/write ↔ ata command
translation.  what it does is translate between
read/write and ata+ide in one fell swoop.

this sounds economical, until one realizes that things
like PUIS (power-up in standby) and SCT are fancy
protocols that happen at the ATA layer, and if not
abstracted, need to be repeated for every driver.

in essence, this is the rationale for the fis library:
it's tiresome rewriting the PUIS protocol.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 19:35                     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-04 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It's funny, if you were correcting someone else's bug unknowingly
> introduced by a one-line change your fix could justifiably be one line, but
> then you would think the odds of it reoccurring in the future would be
> non-zero, and you might as well add a comment for future fumblers. :)

insuring that asymptoticly, your code reaches heat death as the
comment/code ratio goes infinite.  :-)

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 19:31                   ` Jack Johnson
From: Jack Johnson @ 2013-01-04 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Jan 4, 2013 10:07 AM, "Richard Miller" <9fans@hamnavoe.com> wrote:

> > It contains the full file system from the Plan 9 CD image,
> > unmodified, except a single line change in the kernel binary.
>
> I can't contain my curiosity: what's the line?
>
> I once worked with a colleague who had a superstition that any
> one-line change to production software was almost certain to
> introduce a bug.  (Actually what he said was "one-card change",
> which indicates how long ago this was.)   If he had to make
> a modification simple enough to be done in one line, he would
> always combine it with some other random harmless change like
> renaming a variable.

It's funny, if you were correcting someone else's bug unknowingly
introduced by a one-line change your fix could justifiably be one line, but
then you would think the odds of it reoccurring in the future would be
non-zero, and you might as well add a comment for future fumblers. :)

-Jack

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 19:22                   ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2013-01-04 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I can't contain my curiosity: what's the line?
>
> I once worked with a colleague who had a superstition that any
> one-line change to production software was almost certain to
> introduce a bug.  (Actually what he said was "one-card change",
> which indicates how long ago this was.)   If he had to make
> a modification simple enough to be done in one line, he would
> always combine it with some other random harmless change like
> renaming a variable.

This line:

http://www.9legacy.org/9legacy/patch/pc-sdata-dma-lite.diff

It enables DMA by default in the sdata driver.
But it's not a requirement. It's just a remain
of a personal taste.

@ 2013-01-04 19:05                 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2013-01-04 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-01-04 18:48               ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2013-01-04 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> There exist bootable images for USB sticks which contain a full fossil
> filesystem; you can start the installation from there.

A Plan 9 USB image with Fossil file system is available here:

http://www.9legacy.org/download/plan9-usb.img.bz2

It contains the full file system from the Plan 9 CD image,
unmodified, except a single line change in the kernel binary.

This image is a little old (2012-08-12), but I will probably
upload a newer one soon.

The instructions to build this image are available here:

http://www.9legacy.org/9legacy/doc/fossil/usb

It is very close to the mkusbboot(8) script.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 18:46           ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2013-01-04 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

A mirror is available on http://mirror.9grid.fr/

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 17:58         ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-04 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Jan  4 11:35:03 EST 2013, 9fans@hamnavoe.com wrote:
> > originally, the goal was to get atom machines working.
>
> It should be pointed out that the standard Plan 9 distribution
> also works on atom processors.  It's not the atom cpu itself,
> but other details of chipset and peripheral interfaces, which
> determines which kernel variant will run on a given motherboard.

yes, the problems are mostly in the bios setup and details of
the hardware.  (which may or may not be on-die or on package
with the cpu.)

i don't believe all the problems have been fixed.  it certainly
was impossible to boot most atom machines at one point.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 17:49           ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-04 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Jan  4 11:36:45 EST 2013, aram.h@mgk.ro wrote:
> Downloading from quanstro.net is extremely slow and I was never able
> to fully complete the download.

it's only a 384kbps line.  ftp has some odd issue that is not
obvious from the code, but http download should work fine.
i'll also try to find the time to upgrade that machine with
the latest kernel, and thus the new tcp later today.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 17:41               ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2013-01-04 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM, John Floren <john@jfloren.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Rox 64 <mrox128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hu guys.
>> Will Plan 9/9atom/9front run on a EEE 1005HA?
>
> I have that same netbook. One of your big challenges will probably be
> getting the CDROM to boot in a machine without a CDROM drive. There
> exist bootable images for USB sticks which contain a full fossil
> filesystem; you can start the installation from there. In fact, I had
> made a 32-bit bootable USB stick for Nix about a year ago and included
> a script to start the installation, I'll see if I can find it.
>

> john

Following up on this, it looks like the scripts I used are still in
the NIX distribution.

/usr/glenda/mknixboot (based on /rc/bin/mkusbboot) will help you
create a bootable USB stick from your NIX tree or, presumably, from a
9atom root.

/usr/glenda/bin/rc/startinstall is what you run after booting the USB stick.

Hope this helps.

John

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 17:26             ` John Floren
                                 ` (2 more replies)
From: John Floren @ 2013-01-04 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2013-01-04 16:39           ` Rox 64
From: Rox 64 @ 2013-01-04 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hu guys.
Will Plan 9/9atom/9front run on a EEE 1005HA?

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 16:35         ` Aram Hăvărneanu
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2013-01-04 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2013-01-04 16:34       ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2013-01-04 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-01-04 16:27       ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2013-01-04 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
>> Is that targeting Intel Atom CPUs?  I have an EEEPC sitting so that's
>> a good chance to start using Plan9 in a real environment (non VM).
>> The fact that go is provided is tempting :)
>
> originally, the goal was to get atom machines working.  that goal
> was largely met, so the name is somewhat of an anachronism.
> it's the same set of kernels i run everwhere.
>
> i don't know anything about any model of the eeepc.  ymmv.
>
> there's no go included in 9atom yet, but you should be able
> to install it with no problems.
>
> - erik

If you check out the Go source and don't find any build framework for
Plan 9, you may need to check out the current repo tip to get it.
That's what I did when I installed Go, but it was months ago so YMMV.

john

* Re: [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-04 16:19     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-04 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-01-04  9:37   ` faif
From: faif @ 2013-01-04  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2013-01-03  8:17 ` Bence Fábián
From: Bence Fábián @ 2013-01-03  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2013/1/3 erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>

> i have a test image of a new and hopefully improved 9atom @
>         http://www.quanstro.net/other/9atom2.iso.bz2.
> it's not perfect, it's not polished, but it should contain the
> basics, be go compatable, contain a copy of nix, be self-compiling,
> and a few other things that i'll announce once i have a bit more
> confidence that i haven't jobbed the cd.
>
> - erik

* [9fans] 9atom
@ 2013-01-03  3:50 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-01-03  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2011-05-16 14:41 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2011-05-16 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

FWIW my new work plan9 box (an HP WX4200) boots plan9 but doesn't see SATA
using the labs iso - Erik's 9atom works fine.

The onboard Broadcom nic is junk but I put an intel card in it which "just works"™.

The bundled nvidia nVidia Quadro FX 540 works with vesa - but swapped it
for a Geforce2 which supports acceleration and so feels a bit snappier.

now if I could just get some fast disks...

-Steve

* [9fans] 9atom
@ 2011-05-07  2:57 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-05-07  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i hate to distract everyone from arguing about web browsers, but
here are a few notable changes to the 9atom kernel today.

- kernel support for cinap's realemu,
- support for incomplete apic entries in mp table via acpi, and
- support for bcm57xx ethernet (Julius Schmidt)
- ide drivers is now called "sdide.c" not sdata.c (sic).
- support for overlapping i/o apic and lapic apic ids. such as on the
supermicro x9scm.

- erik