categories - Category Theory list
* Robin Cockett Doctor Honoris Causa of Tallinn UT
@ 2024-01-26 18:11 Tarmo Uustalu
From: Tarmo Uustalu @ 2024-01-26 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Hello Categories,

I thought it should be appropriate to share the news here.

The Senate of the Tallinn U of Technology has on 23 Jan 2024 decided to
bestow on the U of Calgary professor J. Robin B. Cockett the title of
Doctor Honoris Causa of the university. This is for his contributions
to advancing the study of mathematical foundations of algorithmics and
programming in Tallinn.

I am very happy for this distinction to Robin, who we have been
privileged to have as a teacher and friend for a long time (25 years!).
Robin's shining passion for his subject and his
uncompromising thoroughness have been particularly inspiring.

I am also very pleased to have our field spotlighted at this university
on this occasion; it is no small thing for us.

Tarmo U

* Re: Robin Cockett Doctor Honoris Causa of Tallinn UT
@ 2024-01-26 21:31 ` Steve Awodey
From: Steve Awodey @ 2024-01-26 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tarmo Uustalu; +Cc: Categories List

well deserved - congratulations to Robin!

Best wishes,

Steve

@ 2024-01-26 21:37   ` Sergei Soloviev
From: Sergei Soloviev @ 2024-01-26 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Awodey; +Cc: Tarmo Uustalu, Categories List

Congratulations, Robin!

Sergei

Le Vendredi, Janvier 26, 2024 22:31 CET, Steve Awodey <awodey@cmu.edu> a écrit:

> well deserved - congratulations to Robin!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Steve
>
> > On Jan 26, 2024, at 1:11 PM, Tarmo Uustalu <tarmo@cs.ioc.ee> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Categories,
> >
> > I thought it should be appropriate to share the news here.
> >
> > The Senate of the Tallinn U of Technology has on 23 Jan 2024 decided to
> > bestow on the U of Calgary professor J. Robin B. Cockett the title of
> > Doctor Honoris Causa of the university. This is for his contributions
> > to advancing the study of mathematical foundations of algorithmics and
> > programming in Tallinn.
> >
> > I am very happy for this distinction to Robin, who we have been
> > privileged to have as a teacher and friend for a long time (25 years!).
> > Robin's shining passion for his subject and his
> > uncompromising thoroughness have been particularly inspiring.
> >
> > I am also very pleased to have our field spotlighted at this university
> > on this occasion; it is no small thing for us.
> >
> > Tarmo U

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>

* Re: Robin Cockett Doctor Honoris Causa of Tallinn UT
@ 2024-01-26 22:20     ` Dorette Pronk
From: Dorette Pronk @ 2024-01-26 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergei Soloviev; +Cc: Steve Awodey, Tarmo Uustalu, Categories List

Congratulations, Robin! Well-deserved!

Dorette

CAUTION: The Sender of this email is not from within Dalhousie.

@ 2024-01-27 16:49 ` Brett Giles
From: Brett Giles @ 2024-01-27 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tarmo Uustalu; +Cc: categories

Dear Robin

I was so pleased to hear about this. A well deserved honour for a deserving person. This is, of course, just one example of how you give to your community, your neighbors, your students and your colleagues.

Congratulations!

Brett G. Giles, Ph.D.
e: brett.giles@drogar.com
c: 206-953-9644

@ 2024-01-28 15:49       ` Tarmo Uustalu
From: Tarmo Uustalu @ 2024-01-28 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: robin; +Cc: Sergei Soloviev, Steve Awodey, Tarmo Uustalu, Categories List

That’s very good news!
Congrats Robin!
Gordon

On 26 Jan 2024, at 14:24, Dorette Pronk <Dorette.Pronk@dal.ca> wrote:

This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email is genuine and the content is safe.
Congratulations, Robin! Well-deserved!

Dorette

On Jan 26, 2024, at 5:52 PM, Sergei Soloviev <Sergei.Soloviev@irit.fr> wrote:

CAUTION: The Sender of this email is not from within Dalhousie.

Congratulations, Robin!

Sergei

Le Vendredi, Janvier 26, 2024 22:31 CET, Steve Awodey <awodey@cmu.edu> a écrit:

> well deserved - congratulations to Robin!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Steve
>
> > On Jan 26, 2024, at 1:11 PM, Tarmo Uustalu <tarmo@cs.ioc.ee> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Categories,
> >
> > I thought it should be appropriate to share the news here.
> >
> > The Senate of the Tallinn U of Technology has on 23 Jan 2024 decided to
> > bestow on the U of Calgary professor J. Robin B. Cockett the title of
> > Doctor Honoris Causa of the university. This is for his contributions
> > to advancing the study of mathematical foundations of algorithmics and
> > programming in Tallinn.
> >
> > I am very happy for this distinction to Robin, who we have been
> > privileged to have as a teacher and friend for a long time (25 years!).
> > Robin's shining passion for his subject and his
> > uncompromising thoroughness have been particularly inspiring.
> >
> > I am also very pleased to have our field spotlighted at this university
> > on this occasion; it is no small thing for us.
> >
> > Tarmo U

View group files<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/aVEmCp81gYC8G59QtD0C4e?domain=outlook.office365.com>   |   Leave group<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/EkW5Cq71jxf5D91LsQF8G6?domain=outlook.office365.com>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/cqP8Cr810kCvpxrwhyT4ck?domain=aka.ms>

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.

* Re: Robin Cockett Doctor Honoris Causa of Tallinn UT
@ 2024-01-29 16:24   ` La Monte H. P. Yarroll
From: La Monte H. P. Yarroll @ 2024-01-29 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Awodey; +Cc: Tarmo Uustalu, Categories List