* Re: Adaptive scoring is enabled but does not take effect
@ 2023-10-12  1:42 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-10-12  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: ding

> Very strange.  What is the value of gnus-score-file-list?

It is

((25891 24876 876971 769000)
 "/home/husain/News/nntp+news.gwene.org:gmane.emacs.help.SCORE" "/home/husain/News/nntp+news.gwene.org:gmane.emacs.devel.SCORE" "/home/husain/News/nntp+freenews.netfront.net:comp.std.c.SCORE" "/home/husain/News/nntp+freenews.netfront.net:comp.software.testing.SCORE" "/home/husain/News/nntp+freenews.netfront.net:comp.programming.threads.SCORE" "/home/husain/News/nntp+freenews.netfront.net:comp.programming.SCORE" "/home/husain/News/nntp+freenews.netfront.net:comp.mail.sendmail.SCORE" "/home/husain/News/nntp+freenews.netfront.net:comp.lang.c.SCORE" "/home/husain/News/nntp+freenews.netfront.net:comp.lang.c++.SCORE")

[parent not found: <22602.0566815109$1696996855@news.gmane.org>]
* Re: Adaptive scoring is enabled but does not take effect
@ 2023-10-11  3:58 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-10-11  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: ding

> I have gnus-use-adaptive-scoring set to '(word line).  Try that to see
> if it has any impact?

I have tried this as well. It changed nothing.

[parent not found: <3737.9421106138$1696562640@news.gmane.org>]
* Adaptive scoring is enabled but does not take effect
@ 2023-10-06  3:22 husain
From: husain @ 2023-10-06  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I am using adaptive scoring. In the gnus-summary buffer, I see that
gnus-use-scoring is set to t, and gnus-use-adaptive-scoring is also set
to t. Also, the value of gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist is

((gnus-kill-file-mark)
 (gnus-unread-mark)
 (gnus-read-mark
  (from 5)
  (subject 30))
 (gnus-catchup-mark
  (subject -10))
 (gnus-killed-mark
  (from -4)
  (subject -20))
 (gnus-del-mark
  (from -4)
  (subject -15)))

Yet, when I go read or catchup or kill, that does not seem to affect the
score that I have displayed in the summary buffer. I existed gnus and
opened it again with no change. Looks like it is not turned on, but
given the documentation, it should be turned on.

Any help debugging this issue is appreciated.