mailing list of musl libc
* Please consider setting up a bug tracker?
@ 2015-02-15 15:22 Jukka Jylänki
From: Jukka Jylänki @ 2015-02-15 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

I just recently registered to the musl mailing list to report a bug, since
the FAQ here http://www.musl-libc.org/faq.html mentioned that there is no
separate tracker to report bugs to.

Afterwards, I now realize that this was a bad idea, since the sheer amount
of uninteresting emails that I began getting make it difficult to filter
out the discussion around musl from the potential discussion to the bug I
reported, and I find it simplest to unregister from the mailing list after
reporting the bug. However, this kind of "fire and forget" bug reporting
feels bad, and I lose the way to keep in touch with the communication
around the bug.

I see that the issue of setting up a bug tracker has already been discussed
before here http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2014/09/05/1 . Has anything
changed with this respect?

My recommendation would be to just set up a github repository and use the
github workflow of issues and pull requests for development, since that is
extremely popular for modern open source development and works well also
for non-core developers to chime in to the fun.

All the best to musl, it rocks!
   Jukka