Void Linux discussion
* How can we help?
@ 2015-01-08  1:09 Logen Kain
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Logen Kain @ 2015-01-08  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

This is intended to be a continuation of
 https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LogenKain/posts/LxkBfWqscxy
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LogenKain/posts/LxkBfWqscxy>

So what can we do to make life easier for contributors and users?

Should we have a mailing list?  Just use Google communities? (does anyone
actually use communities?)
Set up a discourse forum?  It's fairly easy to do on a Digital Ocean server
for $10 a month.  Might need to upgrade at some point but $10 wouldn't be
too bad to start with.
Is google groups good enough?  Or does it make Void look bad?  Personally I
think Void should have a forum that promotes Voidlinux more than Google.

Things I know of that we can do to help void:
Raise awareness - more people = more potential contributors
Contribute package builds
Contribute code to the package manager
Documentation, I still use the Arch WIki whenever I have a Linux related
question.
If we could convince some North American Universities to host a void repo
that would be wonderful.

Anyway, discuss.