* [9fans] Welcome Plan 9 community
@ 2014-03-02 22:16 Szymon Olewniczak
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Szymon Olewniczak @ 2014-03-02 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,
I've just registerd to this mailing list, so hello everyone.

I've read about Plan 9 several months ago and fascinated with ideas
behind this OS. Now I've decided to try the system on my own and although
I don't know much about it yet, I believe that it can be something that
I would like to work for(I'm an IT student, so if I find myself clever
enough to understand the power of Plan 9, I will try to help the project
during the GOSC).

But to begin with the main issue that brings me to write this message. I
know that before I can do anything on Plan 9, I need hardware that
cooperate with it. I've read the Supported PC Hardware[0] and
realised that there is not much of it. Is there only one reliable motherboard
(ASUS A8R32-MVP without NIC) that can run Plan9? I've also read there that
there are several laptops pointed in this page without any additional
comments in brackets. Does it mean that they are fully supported? I've
also read that RaspberryPI can run Plan 9. I have RP rev. 2 so maybe it
should be the hardware which I can use to start my Plan 9 adventure.

What hardware can you recommend? What hardware do you use? Is there is
any PC that can run both Plan 9 and Inferno?

[0]http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Supported_PC_hardware/index.html

* [9fans] Welcome Plan 9 community
@ 2014-03-03 17:15 Szymon Olewniczak