* Never mind
@ 1997-05-27 16:11 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-05-27 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

The mode line problem has disappeared.  I must have been doing
something odd.

Anyways -- the Gnus agent will always download headers, but only the
articles that the user has requested (in one way or the other).  How
should Gnus display these non-fetched articles in the summary buffer?
They must be displayed, because the user must have the opportunity to
mark them as downloadable manually.  Should they be marked as read
automatically, though?  Otherwise all the article selection commands
will be kinda funky -- `n' will try to select these articles, which
will lead to Gnus beeping "Article canceled" or something.

Yes, they should probably be marked as read with some special mark --
"H", for instance.  (For "header only".)

The Gnus agent does its crossposting thing by looking at the Xrefs
header from the server.  But many servers do not include an Xrefs
header in the NOV databases.  So how should this be handled?  Gnus
doesn't know by itself what article number the crossposted instances
of the articles will have in the other groups.  Hm.  Perhaps Gnus
should just do an xhdr to get the Xrefs header.  Which will be
slowish, but...

Gah!  I'm so stupid.  I don't need to know the Xrefs header before
actually downloading the article, and after downloading the article I
do have the Xrefs header.

Never mind.  :-)

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen