* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-21  1:14 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-21  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

ether4330: no response to sdio access: ocr-0
error message comes from the error of:

emmccmd: need to reset Cmdinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106

which is from the line

if((r[Status] & Datinhibit) &&
	   ((c & Isdata) || (c & Respmask) == Resp48busy)){
		print("emmccmd: need to reset Cmdinhibit intr %ux stat %ux\n",

of emmccmd() in /sys/src/9/bcm/emmc.c.

The Datinhibit should be Cmdinhibit?

I still have 'need to reset Datinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106' from below
lines which I'm now investigating.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2020-05-31  8:51 ` Iruatã Souza
From: Iruatã Souza @ 2020-05-31  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 2:14 AM <kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp> wrote:

> ether4330: no response to sdio access: ocr-0
> error message comes from the error of:
>
> emmccmd: need to reset Cmdinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106
>
> which is from the line
>
> if((r[Status] & Datinhibit) &&
>            ((c & Isdata) || (c & Respmask) == Resp48busy)){
>                 print("emmccmd: need to reset Cmdinhibit intr %ux stat %ux\n",
>
> of emmccmd() in /sys/src/9/bcm/emmc.c.
>
> The Datinhibit should be Cmdinhibit?
>
> I still have 'need to reset Datinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106' from below
> lines which I'm now investigating.
>
> Kenji

Kenji,

Do you have any news on this? Are you able to use the rpi3 wifi?

iru

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2020-06-01 23:07   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-06-01 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>> I still have 'need to reset Datinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106' from below
>> lines which I'm now investigating.
>>

> Do you have any news on this? Are you able to use the rpi3 wifi?

No, I have no more work on it.
I got pi4, which is much better for use as an computer.☺

The pi3B's wifi is very slow like that at 20 years ago, where it
was usable because we didn't have much data to through.
However, now we put much of data through wifi...

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2020-06-20 11:39 ` Iruatã Souza
From: Iruatã Souza @ 2020-06-20 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 7:34 PM <cinap_lenrek@felloff.net> wrote:
> i currently have no wireless network nor a monitor for raspberry
> pi to help kenji with his attempt on getting millers wifi driver
> ported.
>
> but the goal should be to have the raspberry pi wifi driver expose
> a compatible interface to aux/wpa. and i dont want to maintain
> two completely separate boot methods for raspberry pi. putting
> wifi keys in the kernel is just wrong. we want ONE sdcard image,
> that you might configure by editing plan9.ini, but thats it. no
> kernel recompile just for setting up wifi.

What is the current state of this port?

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2020-01-27  2:18 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2020-01-27  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> ether4330: no response to sdio access: ocr-0
> error message comes from the error of:

This can be rid off by replacing
	ocr = trysdiocmd(IO_SEND_OP_COND, 0);
	ocr = sdiocmd(IO_SEND_OP_COND, 0);

However,
> emmccmd: need to reset Cmdinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106
>
> which is from the line
>
> if((r[Status] & Datinhibit) &&
> 	   ((c & Isdata) || (c & Respmask) == Resp48busy)){
> 		print("emmccmd: need to reset Cmdinhibit intr %ux stat %ux\n",
>
> of emmccmd() in /sys/src/9/bcm/emmc.c.
>
> The Datinhibit should be Cmdinhibit?
>
> I still have 'need to reset Datinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106' from below
> lines which I'm now investigating.

This problem is difficult to me.
I tried many things.
However it seems this problem is out of my ability, so I take a rest...
If anyone wants to try, please go.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-12-05  5:19 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-12-05  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I'm still struggling ether4330.c for Richard's and 9front's version...

What is 'HbusTargWptr = 0x460'  which is defined in etheriwl.c?

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-21  0:23 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2019-11-21  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

report: works fine on my tv in native UHD resolution (after i threw
away a faulty, newly bought hdmi cable).
this device will be very useful to me. it can show many catclocks at
the same time.

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-20  0:20 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-20  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I'm now trying to have a working model for rpi3 wifi network.

I made arm(not arm64) based SDRAM, and now I can test ether4330.c
on a local file system, and got sdio documents.
The problem seemd to be in sdio codes, but I could not investigate
it, because I had no documents of it.

As I had only arm64 based SDRAM, I had to use linux to edit config.txt
and cmdline.txt every time I failed the test...

Now, I can work more deeply and quickly, and will do it.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-20  0:09 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-20  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> http://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/file/874554781a81/sys/src/9/boot/net.rc

Thanks a lot.
I got it successfully.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-18  9:45 umbraticus
From: umbraticus @ 2019-11-18  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I'm not a pi guy but thanks for the wpapsk=
saves a few keystrokes on boot :)

umbraticus

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-17 23:37 ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2019-11-17 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 08:34:17AM +0900, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:

> PS. I can't find your new net.rc on 9front tree. I can find only the same
> net.rc as my /sys/src/9/boot/net.rc.

Changeset 7435:874554781a81

http://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/file/874554781a81/sys/src/9/boot/net.rc

khm

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-17 23:34 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-17 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>but the goal should be to have the raspberry pi wifi driver expose
>a compatible interface to aux/wpa.

I know your way, and agree with you.

I'm now trying to have a working model for rpi3 wifi network.

I first tried to port it into 64bit /sys/src/9/bcm64 with your port/wifi.c.
It is very complicated, one is related to 32bit/64bit difference where
I have to know the hardware knowledge of rpi3 completely.
To combine the Richard's driver with port/wifi.c is based on above assumption
that I know rpi3 hardware deeply, such as gpio etc...
It's not possible to me now, so I abandoned this course temporally.

A more combenient course to me is take the Richard's codes
with small changes as possible as, and have a working model at first.
After make it done, I'll return to the course you suggested.
This is my roadmap for making rpi3 wifi network here.

Kenji

PS. I can't find your new net.rc on 9front tree. I can find only the same
net.rc as my /sys/src/9/boot/net.rc.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1843 bytes --]

From: cinap_lenrek@felloff.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:33:41 +0100

i pushed a net.rc change now which lets you set the wpa password
in plan9.ini so there wont be a prompt.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-17 18:33 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-11-17 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-11-17  6:23 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-17  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>> /sys/src/9/bcm/pi2wifi:
>
> This should be /sys/src/9/bcm/pi3wifi.

I may have confused you.
The report of the same result between 9front and miller's original one
is based on the pi3wifi file as:
=======
dev
	root
	cons
	swap
	env
	pipe
	proc
	mnt
	srv
	shr
	dup
	arch
	ssl
	tls
	cap
	fs
	ether	netif
	ip		arp chandial ip ipv6 ipaux iproute netlog nullmedium pktmedium inferno
	draw	screen swcursor
	mouse	mouse
	uart	gpio
	gpio	gpio
	sd
	usb

link
	loopbackmedium
	ethermedium
	archbcm2
	sdhost
	usbdwc
#	etherusb
	ether4330 emmc

ip
	tcp
	udp
	ipifc
	icmp
	icmp6
	ipmux

misc
	armv7
	uartmini
	uartpl011
	sdmmc	emmc
	dma
	vcore
	vfp3 coproc
	irq

port
	int cpuserver = 0;

boot boot #S/sdM0/
	local
	tcp
	tls

bootdir
	/$objtype/bin/rc
	/rc/lib/rcmain
	/$objtype/bin/nusb/usbd
	/$objtype/bin/nusb/kb
	/$objtype/bin/nusb/ether
	/$objtype/bin/auth/factotum
	/$objtype/bin/srv
	/$objtype/bin/aux/wpa wpa
	/$objtype/bin/ip/ipconfig
	/$objtype/bin/mount
	/$objtype/bin/bind
	/$objtype/bin/echo
	/$objtype/bin/read
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43455-sdio.clm_blob
	bootwifi.rc			boot
====

Yes, the booting process is different from that I reported just before.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-17  0:04 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-17  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-11-17  0:02 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-17  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Ok, this is my present settings and the output results.

/sys/src/9/bcm/pi2wifi:
[...]
#	dtracy

link
	loopbackmedium
	ethermedium
	archbcm2
	sdhost
	usbdwc
#	etherusb
	ether4330 emmc

ip
	tcp
	udp
	ipifc
	icmp
	icmp6
	ipmux

misc
	armv7
	uartmini
	uartpl011
	sdmmc	emmc
	dma
	vcore
	vfp3 coproc
	irq
#	wifi

#	dtracysys
#	dtracytimer

port
	int cpuserver = 0;

boot boot #S/sdM0/
	local
	tcp
	tls

bootdir
	/$objtype/bin/paqfs
	/$objtype/bin/auth/factotum
	/$objtype/bin/aux/wpa
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43455-sdio.clm_blob
	bootfs.paq
	boot

====out put====
many lines of
#xxx: 4330: 10 Mbps port 0x0 irq -1 ea 000000000000
998M memory: 403M kernel data, 595M user, 3573M swap
cpu1: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
cpu2: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
cpu3: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
ether4330: chip 43430 rev 1 type 1
ether4330: firmware ready
ether4330: addr <my rpi3's MAC address>
ether3220: no response to sdio access: ocr=0
ether3220: no response to sdio access: ocr=0
ether3220: no response to sdio access: ocr=0

/dev/sdM0: BCM SDHost Controller
/dev/sdM0/data
/dev/sdM0/dos	dos
/dev/sdM0/fs	hjfs
/dev/sdM0/nvram
/dev/sdM0/plan9
bootargs is (tcp, tls, il, local!device) [tls]
user[glenda]: sys
ipconfig: ...
ipconfig: can't start IPv6 on /net/ether0
emmccmd: need to reset Cmdinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106
emmccmd: need to reset Datinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106
emmcio: timeout intr 208010 stat 1ff0106
ether4330: sdiorwext fail: i/o error
ipconfig: no success with DHCP
/bin/tlsclient: dial tcp!<my file server's IP address>!17020: no route
mount: can't open #s/boot: '#s/boot' file does not exist
mount -c #s/boot /root: mount 267: open

---
return to login prompt

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2165 bytes --]

From: rgl@antares-labs.eu
To: 9front@9front.org
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 11:04:35 +0100

hi kenji,

> However, to get the / filesystem from a file server to boot the system,
> which is in my case, how I can preset the factotum for wpapsk before the root filesystem
> mounted?   To mount the root I need to connect to the file sever, but I have no wifi setup yet.

for that you will need to add the credentials to the bootfs.paq that's
embedded in the kernel.  if your card needs some firmware, make sure
you have it in /lib/firmware before you mk and deploy the new kernel.

you'll find everything you need in /sys/src/9/boot.  i actually wanted
to do this some time ago, but i ended up with a standalone
installation on the laptop.

please tell us how it goes. :)

-rodri

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-16 16:48 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-11-16 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> we see two lines of waserror(), and trysdiocmd() calls sdiocmd()
> which also includes waserror() line.  In this case which of the waserror()
> will be called when error() occurs somewhere?

the top one of the stack. the jump-back locations are managed by a "stack".
waserror() pushes on that stack, and poperror(), nexterror(), and error()
pops it from the stack. that way you can nest waserror() handlers.

in this case, you have 2 levels. the inner waserror() handler in sdiocmd()
handles the cleanup of the lock, making sure in error case, the lock is
released.

and the outer waserror() handler in trysdiocmd() just makes the function
return 0 in the error case, so that trysdiocmd() itself never raises an
error up.

> By the way, aux/wpa demands the factotum preset the wpapsk, essid and password.
> It is possible to setup wifi after the system booted-up.

> However, to get the / filesystem from a file server to boot the system,
> which is in my case, how I can preset the factotum for wpapsk before the root filesystem
> mounted?   To mount the root I need to connect to the file sever, but I have no wifi setup yet.

absolutely, yes.

if you do *NOT* pass -p flag to aux/wpa, it will not prompt. it can sit in the
background and wait for any access point starting the 4-way handshake.

factotum is used for the keys. the keys in factotum are tagged with the essid=
attribute. that means you can have multiple wifi keys in factotum, and depending
on which network you select by writing "essid ...." > /net/etherX/clone you
can switch the networks.

so one running aux/wpa instance is really per wifi interface. but can authenticate
you to multiple networks without needing a restart.

on booting a terminal, aux/wpa is started in bootrc automatically
*IFF* you select the wifi interface for netbooting (bootargs).
/net/ether0 is the default.

/sys/src/9/boot/net.rc

fn confignet{
	# get primary default interface if not specified
	if(~ $#* 0){
		e=/net/ether*
		if(! ~ $e '/net/ether*')
			*=(ether $e(1))
	}

	# setup wifi encryption if any
	if(~ $1 ether && ~ $service terminal && test -x /bin/aux/wpa){
		if(grep -s '^status: need authentication' $2/ifstats >[2]/dev/null){
			aux/wpa -p $2
		}
	}

this is not done for cpu servers as we cannot prompt... and before we get
networking up, we cannot fetch keys from secstore... it could be handled
probably with plan9.ini boot parameters but has not been done so far.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-16 10:04 rgl
From: rgl @ 2019-11-16 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-11-16  9:29 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-16  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thank you very much!

So in the case of codes below:

static ulong
sdiocmd(int cmd, ulong arg)
{
	ulong r;

	qlock(&sdiolock);
	if(waserror()){
		if(SDIODEBUG) print("sdiocmd error: cmd %d arg %lux\n", cmd, arg);
		qunlock(&sdiolock);
		nexterror();
	}
	r = sdiocmd_locked(cmd, arg);
	qunlock(&sdiolock);
	poperror();
	return r;

}

static ulong
trysdiocmd(int cmd, ulong arg)
{
	ulong r;

	if(waserror())
		return 0;
	r = sdiocmd(cmd, arg);
	poperror();
	return r;
}

we see two lines of waserror(), and trysdiocmd() calls sdiocmd()
which also includes waserror() line.  In this case which of the waserror()
will be called when error() occurs somewhere?

By the way, aux/wpa demands the factotum preset the wpapsk, essid and password.
It is possible to setup wifi after the system booted-up.

However, to get the / filesystem from a file server to boot the system,
which is in my case, how I can preset the factotum for wpapsk before the root filesystem
mounted?   To mount the root I need to connect to the file sever, but I have no wifi setup yet.

It sound like too much novice, however, I seem to be struggling around it.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-16  1:08 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-11-16  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

thats the way the kernel does exception handling.

basically, when error() is called, it jumps to the last invocation of
waserror(), and returns 1.

waserror() sets up the jumplabel. on first invocation, it returns 0, so
the print does not happen the first time.

but if some error condition happens, and someone calls error() then it
jumps right back to waserror(), and waserror returns with 1.

poperror() removes the jump label.

example:

if(waserror()){
	print("an error happend\n");
	return;
}

if(somevar)
	error("something went wrong");

print("everything went fine\n");

poperror();

will print
"an error happend"

once error() is called and somevar is non-zero.

but it somevar is zero, it prints

"everything went fine"

this is often used to cleanup in the error case. you'll find
code like:

x = allocatesomething()
if(waserror()){
	freesomething(x);
	nexterror();
}

dosomethingwith(x);

poperror();

when dosomethingwithx() calls error(), this will clean up. but in
normal case, it will complete fine and once finished, remove the
error label pushed by waserror() so the error handling can be
nested.

hope this explains it.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-15  9:13 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-15  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thanks a lot.
It's not easy to solve this...

This error is just the same as happens on Richard's pi3wifi itself.
I tested Richard's rpi2 image on my 9front system.

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2734 bytes --]

From: ori@eigenstate.org
To: kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp, 9front@9front.org
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 18:27:58 -0800

>> ether4330: sdiorwext fail: i/o error
>
> 		if(waserror()){
> 			print("ether4330: sdiorwext fail: %s\n", up->errstr);
>
> waserror() is defined as
>
> #define	waserror()	(up->nerrlab++, setlabel(&up->errlab[up->nerrlab-1]))
>
> what does this mean?
>
> Kenji

It's documented as part of 9atom, but it should apply the same on 9front:

	http://www.9atom.org/magic/man2html/9/error

(I remember someone making noises about importing the 9atom/9legacy kernel
manpages, but I don't think it's been done yet.)

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-15  6:58 rgl
From: rgl @ 2019-11-15  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

yeah that was me.  i wanted to download the 9atom iso but last time i
tried their ftp was dead.

i just checked 9legacy and i found a patch from forsyth, so i will be
using that, then i will check against current 9front.  consider it a
WIP.

-rodri

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-15  2:27 ori
From: ori @ 2019-11-15  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kokamoto, 9front

@ 2019-11-15  2:18 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-15  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-11-15  0:21 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-15  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> By the way, Richard's pi3wifi doesn't work too, so, I have no
> example of working wifi machines.

It seems to be not good to use Richard's ether4330.c on bcm64.
I changed the course from 64 bit to 32 bit, ie /sys/src/9/bcm.
I got some advance...  like:

-----from here----
ether4330: firmware ready
ether4330: addr xxxxxx (my pi3's macv address)
ether4300: no response to sdio access: ocr=0
ether4300: no response to sdio access: ocr=0
ether4300: no response to sdio access: ocr=0

<login prompt>
/dev/sdM0: BCM SDHost controller
/dev/ ...
bootargs is (tcp, tls, il, local!device)[tls]
user[glenda] sys

ipconfig:  ---IPV6 error---

ether4330: sdioext fail: i/o error
emmccmd: need to reset Cmdinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106
emmccmd: need to reset Datinhibit intr 0 stat 1ff0106
.... some itellation of above three lines...
ipconfig: no success with DHCP
/bin/tlsclient: dial tcp!<My auth/fs server's ip address>!17020 no route
mount: can't open #s/boot: '#s/boot' file does not exist
mount -c #/boot /root: mount 262: open

return to login prompt
---to here----

Now, I got tired, and take more investigate after some rest..
If some has any suggestion above, please give me some.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-11-04  0:55 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-11-04  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>> 9front has a generic wifi layer that handles the wifi protocol details such
>
> you mean 9/port/wifi.c.
>
>> richard millers raspberry pi
>> wifi driver was written in a different environemnt.
>
> He coded wifi staff into 9/bcm/ether4330.c, then, I must rewrite it
> to fit to 9front system.

Hmm... This is too much difficult to me.
I need a deep knowledge of the difference between bcm and pc.

More, the difference of the boot process between Plan9 and 9front.. etc

I tried to make reference to /sys/src/9/pc/etheriwl.c...

@ 2019-10-21  4:19 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-21  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> 9front has a generic wifi layer that handles the wifi protocol details such

you mean 9/port/wifi.c.

> richard millers raspberry pi
> wifi driver was written in a different environemnt.

He coded wifi staff into 9/bcm/ether4330.c, then, I must rewrite it
to fit to 9front system.

Thank you very much cinap

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-10-20 13:48   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2019-10-20 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

the main thing that prevents production usage of hjfs is that there is
no file system check tool to help you out in case something goes
wrong.
otherwise many people have used it quite successfully for small VM
installations with only limited or expensive storage.
manual backups recommended :)

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-10-20  9:13 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2019-10-20  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

hi all,

can anyone give me an opinion on hjfs,
i am interested in how it compares to, say, cwfs.

Also, i would like to know whether hjfs is ready for “production” use - its manpage indicates it it exoerimental, is that still the case?

-Steve

@ 2019-10-20  7:38 ori
From: ori @ 2019-10-20  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cinap_lenrek, 9front

9front has a generic wifi layer that handles the wifi protocol details such
as logging on to an access point and encryption. richard millers raspberry pi
wifi driver was written in a different environemnt. so our aux/wpa, which is used
to establish encryption keys to a wpa/wpa2 wirelss nework might be incompatible
to richard millers driver.

the error message sounds like the driver does not understand the "essid" control
message wich aux/wpa uses to select the wifi network to scan and associate to
by essid string.

i'm currently moving to spain and have no time to look into this. sorry.

--
cinap

bwk cs princeton edu

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-10-20  6:15 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-20  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Don't warry.

I'm doing it with pleasure, though I cannot concentrate myself not so
long time...

My problem seems to be in the difference between /net/ether0 for Richard's case
and /net/etherU0 for 9front's case.

I'll investigate deeper, though it may take long time...

Have a good chance, cinap!

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1799 bytes --]

From: cinap_lenrek@felloff.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 02:37:56 +0200

@ 2019-10-20  0:37 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-10-20  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-10-19 23:07 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-19 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Ahaha, it's not so easy.☺

/dev/usb not found, unrecongnized parameter essid etc.

my cmdline.txt is:
console=0 ether1=type=4330 essid=<MyESSID> wificrypt=wpa2 fs=<FsAddress> auth=<AuthAddress> bootargs=tls nora6=

I'll play with this more...

the bootdir of pi3wifi file was changed as:

bootdir
	/$objtype/bin/paqfs
	/$objtype/bin/rc
	/rc/lib/rcmain
	/$objtype/bin/nusb/usbd
	/$objtype/bin/nusb/kb

@ 2019-10-19  0:13 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-19  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I installed Richard's 9pi.img to new sdram, and found the ether4330.c
> I got copied was corrupted.   It's easy to compile ether4330.c on 9front.

Comparing Richard's bcm and 9front's bcm64, I added some files from
the former by copying them.   After some miner changes of those
files, I got success to compile 9pi3wifi kernel (2832848 bytes).
My pi3wifi file is as follows:
------from here-----
dev
	root
	cons
	swap
	env
	pipe
	proc
	mnt
	srv
	dup
	arch
	ssl
	tls
	cap
	fs
	ip		arp chandial ip ipv6 ipaux iproute netlog nullmedium pktmedium inferno
	draw	screen swcursor
	mouse	mouse
	uart	gpio
	gpio	gpio

	ether	netif
	sd
	usb
	shr
	dtracy

link
	loopbackmedium
	ethermedium
	archbcm3
	sdhost
	usbdwc
	etherusb
	ether4330 emmc

ip
	tcp
	udp
	ipifc
	icmp
	icmp6
	ipmux

misc
	uartmini
	uartpl011
	sdmmc	emmc
	dma
	vcore
	irq

	dtracysys
	dtracytimer

port
	int cpuserver = 0;

boot boot #S/sdM0/
	local
	tcp

bootdir
	/$objtype/bin/paqfs
	bootwifi.rc			boot
	/$objtype/bin/rc
	/rc/lib/rcmain
	/$objtype/bin/nusb/usbd
	/$objtype/bin/auth/factotum
	/$objtype/bin/srv
	/$objtype/bin/aux/wpa wpa
	/$objtype/bin/ip/ipconfig
	/$objtype/bin/mount
	/$objtype/bin/bind
	/$objtype/bin/echo
	/$objtype/bin/read
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin
	/lib/firmware/brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt
-----to here-----

I've not tested this yet, because ...

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-10-17 10:15 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-17 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> Legacy Plan9's kernel codes seems to be somewhat different from those
> of 9front's, such as sdioabort(), cfgreadl(), cfgwritel(), cfgw(), cfgr(), sbwindow() etc.

I installed Richard's 9pi.img to new sdram, and found the ether4330.c
I got copied was corrupted.   It's easy to compile ether4330.c on 9front.
Sorry, my noise.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-10-16 23:29 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-16 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>> My main request to pi3 is using wifi on this device.
>> Is it difficult?
>
> no, not hard. it is mostly integration stuff. richard
> miller has already written the code. the wifi module is connected

I started (just a play) to check that Richard's codes, and felt
it's not easy to me...
Legacy Plan9's kernel codes seems to be somewhat different from those
of 9front's, such as sdioabort(), cfgreadl(), cfgwritel(), cfgw(), cfgr(), sbwindow() etc.
Now I'm trying to install legacy Plan9 on another HDD...

>> <祭名部> You are leader of festival section?
>
> one day, we will have a plan9 festival in japan.

If it's plan9 related, there are very little humans here to play
with Plan9, I think.
I once (about 20 years ago) attended a Plan9 teaching meeting at Tokyo
where only three peoples are, including our two.

Apart from such kind of meeting, I'd like to see you and others
on this mailing list.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-10-15  3:53 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-15  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>> ok, so theres some problem with the design wave usb controller. as the
>> nusb/kb driver is the same on arm64 as it is on amd64.
>
> Yes, I agree with you.

I forgot to write the reason of it.

Amd64 system can recognize all the usb sticks without problem.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-30  0:31 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-30  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> interpret the data with the hid descriptor... (see setproto() in
> /sys/src/cmd/nusb/kb/kb.c)

I tried usb memory sticks to mount, and found only one for four devices can
be detected, which resembles to the mouse case.

So, I suppose the problem relates more deeper somewhere
not only kb.c.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-29 20:43   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2019-09-29 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

some people suggested an ssd connected via xhci might be just good enough (TM).
i'd say it's worth a try, but having had difficulties with many
external drive enclosure xhci to sata chipsets  i wouldn't bet on it
:)

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-29  4:27 ` Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2019-09-29  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

The pi would probably make a good file server if you hooked it up to
some external drives or something for the WORM.

Auth would also probably be fine, but you could probably get away with
running a pi0 as an auth server since theoretically low resource
requirements.

Cheers,
Sean

@ 2019-09-29  1:17 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-29  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thanks all.

Regarding rpi4, I may not hurry to get it, because I'm using rpi
only for terminals. 1GB memory may be enough for that purpose.
However, I found rpi4 has independent ether interface from usb
(Sorry just a glance of souces), which may be better for usb itself
ether...

Do you all think to to use rpi4 for cpu/auth/file server for plan9?

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3434 bytes --]

From: hiro <23hiro@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 01:35:46 +0200

probably mothra stuff is mostly latency bound and not really that
intensive in terms of computations or bandwidths.

cinap was reporting that the rpi4 was significantly faster, i didn't
know the rpi3 was noteworthy in that regard.

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-28 23:35   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2019-09-28 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-28 19:43 ` Julius Schmidt
From: Julius Schmidt @ 2019-09-28 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I think some Intel chips can also run without fan.

ARM instruction decoding uses much less power than Intel.
Decoding Intel instructions quickly is very power intensive because
of the variable-length encoding.

aiju

@ 2019-09-28 18:48 ` Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2019-09-28 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019, at 1:54 AM, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
> By the way, please someone teach me why rpi chip does not produce
> much heat like Intel's one.
>
> My rpi3 chip runs as quick as Intel's i-5 cpus when run such like
> abaco or mothra etc, but has not any fan to cool the cpu.

I am not sure, but perhaps in these programs the bus (FSB) may limit the speed more than the cpu.  Also, mobile CPUs tend to have reduced or missing features compared to desktop cpus.  (i5 is desktop; Atom and I think all ARM are mobile.)  Perhaps Plan 9 doesn't use these features so much.  Floating point seems to be a big target for slowing down to save power. Perhaps abaco and mothra themselves don't use floating-point calculations for their display. (Check the source?)

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-28  7:43   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2019-09-28  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

yes. i chose from 4 meanings but liked all so much i had to take more than one.
卑陋 makes it easy for a 9fans person to understand it's really me: to
them i'm just a nasty whiny kid with shitty opinions and bad manners.
aiju also had the great idea to add 疲労 haha.

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-28  1:24 ` Julius Schmidt
From: Julius Schmidt @ 2019-09-28  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> うわぁー、参った
> aijuさんは日本語が出来るんだ
>
> I'm much much surprized!
> aiju can write Japanese in such excelent manner,

Thank you for your kind words!!

> May be anyone don't care the last 'b' for 'p',
> because it's has no accent (am I right?).

It's close enough.

> しかし卑陋には良い意味がありませんので、わざわざこう書くと
> 自分を卑下してる様に見えますね
>
> However, there is no good meaning in 卑陋.
> If you use it as your name, you may be thought as using blackhumor
> to yourself.

Yes, that's the joke.
It's self-deprecating humour.
(I told hiro what it means)

> I learned german at university, because I'd like to read
> Schubert's songs by the original language, what sound? etc.
> However, I forgot everything it now...

Deutsche Sprache, schwere Sprache.

aiju

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-28  0:54 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-28  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-28  0:10 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-28  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

うわぁー、参った
aijuさんは日本語が出来るんだ

I'm much much surprized!
aiju can write Japanese in such excelent manner,

>>> cinap さいなぶ 祭名部
>>
>> I thought your name as さいなぷ, my mistake.
>
> 「ぷ」の方は良いですけど、「ぷ」と読む漢字はありません。
> 冗談抜き「サイナップ」でしょう?

 そうですね、サイナップが正しいと思います、日本語で書くのなら
Yes,, I agree with サイナップ.

でも祭名部も面白いですね、最後のpはアクセントが無いでしょうから
buでも誰も気にしないかも

May be anyone don't care the last 'b' for 'p',
because it's has no accent (am I right?).

>>> hiro ひろう 火竜 卑陋
>>
>> I thought your name as ひろ, my mistake.
>
> 「ヒロ」や「ヒーロ」はもう正確でしょう、でも「ひろう」の読み方はもう面白いと思いました。

これ、難しいんですよね、日本語で表現するのが。
ヒローなのかヒーロなのかヒロウなのかヒロヲなのかヒロなのか、、、
外国語を日本語で表現する限界だと思います

It's not easy to write this in Japanese.
So, everything can be right, I think.

@ 2019-09-27 10:22 ` Julius Schmidt
From: Julius Schmidt @ 2019-09-27 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

すみません、あの冗談は私の考えでした…
日本語を勉強していますから、日本語で書いて見ます。
私の悪い日本語をお許しください!

Sorry, this joke was my idea.
Since I'm learning Japanese, I will try to write in Japanese.
Please excuse my bad Japanese!

>> cinap さいなぶ 祭名部
>
> I thought your name as さいなぷ, my mistake.

「ぷ」の方は良いですけど、「ぷ」と読む漢字はありません。
冗談抜き「サイナップ」でしょう?

ぷ would be better but there is no kanji for ぷ.
To be serious, maybe it's actually サイナップ?

> <祭名部> You are leader of festival section?
>
>> hiro ひろう 火竜 卑陋
>
> I thought your name as ひろ, my mistake.

「ヒロ」や「ヒーロ」はもう正確でしょう、でも「ひろう」の読み方はもう面白いと思いました。
それでも、「火嚕」は相応しそうです…
(ヒロくんは是非元気に喋ります)

ヒロ or ヒーロ is probably more accurate, but I thought ひろう has
funnier readings :)
Although 火嚕 (fire + verbose) seems quite fitting as well....
(Hiro-kun certainly talks energetically)

aiju

@ 2019-09-27  4:58 ` Roman Shaposhnik
From: Roman Shaposhnik @ 2019-09-27  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 6:52 PM <cinap_lenrek@felloff.net> wrote:

> http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front-7402.706812d7d85b.pi3.img.gz

This is awesome! Everything worked flawlessly on my RPi4.

Thanks,
Roman.

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-27  1:51 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-09-27  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-27  1:48 ` Roman Shaposhnik
From: Roman Shaposhnik @ 2019-09-27  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 6:28 PM <cinap_lenrek@felloff.net> wrote:

> > My main request to pi3 is using wifi on this device.
> > Is it difficult?
>
> no, not hard. it is mostly integration stuff. richard
> miller has already written the code. the wifi module is connected
> to the sdmmc controller... which is also the same as with
> the raspberry pi 4.

My RPi4 has arrived. Is there an image I can try right away?

Thanks,
Roman.

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-27  1:28 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-09-27  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> My main request to pi3 is using wifi on this device.
> Is it difficult?

no, not hard. it is mostly integration stuff. richard
miller has already written the code. the wifi module is connected
to the sdmmc controller... which is also the same as with
the raspberry pi 4.

i'm out of time for raspberry pi work right now... but will
accept patches... others also have asked for this...

> <祭名部> You are leader of festival section?

one day, we will have a plan9 festival in japan.

--
cianp

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-27  1:06 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-27  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>cinap さいなぶ 祭名部

I thought your name as さいなぷ, my mistake.

<祭名部> You are leader of festival section?

>hiro ひろう 火竜 卑陋

I thought your name as ひろ, my mistake.
<卑陋>, do you like this realy?
How about 披露, which means to make it open to public...

By tyhe way, abaco or mothra runs very quick on rpi3.
Yes, it's usable!

On the usb mouse problem, I can select a mouse, then it's not so hard
if we know how to avoid it.

My main request to pi3 is using wifi on this device.
Is it difficult?

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1867 bytes --]

From: cinap_lenrek@felloff.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 16:35:37 +0200

it will be a bit of a pain to debug this. the first thing you could
try is to rule out power issues... having the keyboard/mouse connected
to the raspberry pi 3 by a *POWRED* hub.

then for the actual debugging, connect the pi over serial... then
we can kill nusb/kb and rerun it manually with debug prints and
see where it diverges.

it colud be that for some reason we fail to fetch the hid descriptor,
and assume some default descriptor (boot protocol). or the device
fails to switch to from boot protocol to report protocol but we

@ 2019-09-26 14:35 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-09-26 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-26 12:12 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2019-09-26 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

ah, that's a relief. the all rpi <4 usb is known to be flaky. rpi4 is
the first one that uses a different xhci controller that might work
better. perhaps try again with rpi4 once you can...

hiro ひろう 火竜 卑陋

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-26  9:58 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-26  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> @kenji to clarify, did you try the weird other mouse on rpi4 at all?

I have no rpi4 yet, just have rpi3.

The one writing this mail is wired usb mouse.
Another wire usb mouse (HP label) failed, and other two wireless also.

Kenjiけんじ健二

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-26  6:44 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2019-09-26  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-26  3:50 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-26  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I changed the usb mouse to another noname 3 button scroll mouse.

A usb 3-button scroll mouse got success, but other three similler
ones didn't.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-26  0:04 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-26  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I got success!

I changed the usb mouse to another noname 3 button scroll mouse.

Now, I have no problems.

I'm wrinting this mail from that pi3 terminal.
中々良いよこれ!

Thank you very much to make wondefull pi3 terminal, cinap!

けんじ
Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1330 bytes --]

From: cinap_lenrek@felloff.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 00:45:55 +0200

@ 2019-09-24 23:19 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-24 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-24 22:45 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-09-24 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-24 21:51 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-24 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

>>can you reproduce the keyboard/mouse issues on a pc with 9front?
>
> No. Those devices work fine on amd64 pc terminal.

Ubuntu-mate can work fine on this device, which means
it has no hardware problem to use those devices, I think.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-24 21:30 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-24 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> When I tried "tcp" boot, I got prompt of login, and password,
> got rio's background without any login terminal with no action of
> right button press etc.

If I try to make a new window without mouse's right button,
I can make that window like:
window 0,0,1000,800 rc

So, now I can see more what is happenning on this device.
As a conclusion, the behaviour is the same as that happens on a local!/dev/sdM0/fs,
say, all of the mouse buttons work only like to move scrollbar.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-24 21:22 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-24 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-24 11:13 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-09-24 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

can you reproduce the keyboard/mouse issues on a pc with 9front?

if yes then we have to debug nusb/kb and see why the
right mouse button does not work with that keyboard/mouse.

if no, then theres some problem with the design wave
usb controller or power issues.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-24  5:24 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-24  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front-7402.706812d7d85b.pi3.img.gz

I tried this, and got partial success.

When I use a usb Japanese keyboard (Elecom TK-FCM005BK), I got:
Plan9 Console
127 holes free
0x00410000 0x18f40000 414384128
414384128 bytes free

Plan9
cpu0: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
992M memory: 399M kernel data, 592M user, 3556M swap
cpu1: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
cpu2: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
cpu3: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
nusb/kb: usbcmd: /dev/usb/ep4.0: required 4 attempts (no data from device)

here, system stops.

I changed keyboard from above to a wireless usb Japanese one.
I got success to proceed the system.
yes, I can use local!/dev/sdM0/fs.

The mouse,however, does behave like one button, ie, middle
and right button do not work.   I move the left button anywhere
in the rio window, the contents in the opened rc window does scroll.

When I tried "tcp" boot, I got prompt of login, and password,
got rio's background without any login terminal with no action of
right button press etc.

I cannot edit anything on the screen...

Kenji

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-09-23 17:24 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-09-23 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

yes.

just made and tested this one:

@ 2019-09-23  2:00 ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2019-09-23  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thank you very much cinap.

The greater number is newer?

Kenji

@ 2019-09-23  1:44 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-09-23  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-09-23  1:41 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-09-23  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I tried to get this image for my pi3 board, which I tried once before (about 1 year ago?)
and abandonded by an filesystem error.
I'd like to try once again 9pi3 by a new cinaps work, but I got error to do.

Where is the new image now?

Thanks in advance

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1590 bytes --]

From: cinap_lenrek@felloff.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 22:16:04 +0200

made new image and kernels if anyone wants to test.

http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front-7341.7789bbc91c22.pi3.img.gz
http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9pi3
http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9pi4

sha1sums:

1b493439cbdff6aa6e0403cc0bda158841ebac40	9front-7341.7789bbc91c22.pi3.img.gz
b5e199a9ee2890929e096b29b6310bc12bbe00a8	9pi3
abc4a73cdffb5d1e0ddc4d86a20b5f2f0509ced0	9pi4

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] unofficial sdcard image for raspberry pi 4 testing
@ 2019-08-23 20:16 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-08-23 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2019-08-21 14:35 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-08-21 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

updated the image fixing wrong osc frequency regression on the pi3:

http://gabe.felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/9front-7336.bb28fe19fe44.pi3.img.gz

--
cinap