The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Usenix: no official Unix 50th celebration, apparently
@ 2018-08-26  0:31 Warren Toomey
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Warren Toomey @ 2018-08-26  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Hi all, I've just heard that the Usenix board of directors do not want
to explicitly celebrate the 50th anniversary of Unix.

It's been suggested that we, the TUHS members, both lobby the board and
also offer our assistance to help organisation such a celebration.

Who, on the list, would put their hands up to help organising something
that coincided with the 2019 Usenix ATC in July 2019?

I'd like to get the bare bones of an organising team, then approach the
Usenix board, offer our help and ask them to support us.

What do you think? 11 months to go.

Thanks, Warren

P.S. Nokia Bell Labs are also going to organise something, possibly a month
earlier but I have no solid details yet.